May 5, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
It’s natural to compare this year’s Lightning to the team that won the Cup in 2004. We took that one step further by casting current players in the roles of that championship team.
May 5, 2011, 8:56 PM EDT
The Flyers are expected to go with Sergei Bobrovsky in Game 4. Did this change come too late? This post examines the differences and similarities between their consecutive 3-0 deficits.
May 5, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
Aging veteran Steve Sullivan will miss Nashville’s Game 4 against Vancouver with a lower-body injury, which opens the door for young forward Colin Wilson to make his first appearance of the 2011 playoffs.
May 4, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
The Bruins are saying all the right things about taking the Flyers seriously going into Game 3 tonight.
May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chris Campoli underwent knee surgery. The recovery process will reportedly take about two months, giving him plenty of time to prepare for September training camp.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Mike Babcock announced some changes he’ll make for Game 3 … and predicted Todd McLellan’s counter-moves as well.
May 4, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
To little surprise, Bruce Boudreau wasn’t in a particularly forthcoming mood about his job security, Mike Green’s injury or which goalie he’ll start in Game 4.
May 4, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
On the negative side, Chris Pronger did not skate today. On the bright side, Jeff Carter did.
May 4, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
It’s not quite a guarantee, but Alex Ovechkin issued a statement that could be inspirational … or maybe a future punchline.
May 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Versus crew provides video previews for tonight’s Game 3 matches between Bruins-Flyers and Red Wings-Sharks.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 AM EDT
The Flyers know that their goalies are unlikely to “steal” games for them, but Peter Laviolette won’t lay all the blame on his netminders.
May 4, 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
A Dallas Morning News reports indicates that Tom Gaglardi’s offer to buy the Dallas Stars could exceed $250 million.
May 4, 2011, 1:18 AM EDT
The Canucks were probably the better team in Game 3, but their overtime win ended up being controversial because of a shaky penalty call on Predators defenseman Shea Weber.
May 4, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The Lightning earned a big win tonight, but the biggest success might have come off the ice, as assistant Wayne Fleming coach seemed to have successful surgery to remove a brain tumor.
May 3, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Blues franchise is in a transitional period right now, but team president John Davidson should see it through.
May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
Mike Green was reportedly seen limping to Washington’s team bus following the Capitals’ Game 3 loss.
May 3, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
The Lightning continued their streak of strong play in third periods by stunning the Capitals to take a 3-0 series lead. This post answers your natural question: what’s wrong with Washington?
May 3, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
There are plenty of reasonable excuses for why the Sedin twins have been struggling for several games, but the Canucks need them to persevere and produce in the playoffs.
May 3, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Men’s Health named Steven Stamkos one of the 25 fittest men in the world. His fitness level shows just how far hockey training has come in the last few decades.
May 2, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The lineups for the Bruins-Flyers should be the same as Game 1, so this post provides a guide to the few American-born players who will perform in Game 2. It also includes Andrew Ference’s thoughts on the Osama bin Laden news.
May 2, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
A Forbes report indicates that the Atlanta Thrashers could be sold for $110 million. Might that cheaper price entice a local ownership group?
May 2, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Flyers anthem singer Lauren Hart understands the increased significance of tonight’s rendition of “God Bless America” before Game 2 between Boston and Philadelphia.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 10
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 14
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 49
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)