Mar 31, 2011, 9:58 PM EST
The Bruins and Blackhawks don’t meet often, but that didn’t stop them from continuing their war of words.
Mar 31, 2011, 9:07 PM EST
Many people (reasonably) thought that a broken vertebra would end Daymond Langkow’s career, but the Flames announced that he might play in Friday’s game against the Blues.
Mar 31, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
A Marian Gaborik boarding hit knocked Frans Nielsen out of tonight’s Rangers-Islanders game. Should Gaborik worry about supplemental discipline?
Mar 31, 2011, 7:57 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for Thursday’s last three games.
Mar 31, 2011, 6:35 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s first seven games.
Mar 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s final four games.
Mar 29, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s first seven games. Tuesday’s final four games will be covered later on.
Mar 29, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
PHT readers made Marc-Andre Fleury the March 21-27th Save of the Week winner.
Mar 29, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
A big late night game between the Stars and Coyotes highlights some tough tests in the West tonight.
Mar 29, 2011, 4:07 PM EST
Tonight’s Eastern Conference games could affect just about every level of the playoff’s top eight, as top seeds jostle for position while the East’s bubble could burst. This post includes previews of the biggest contests.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
More Islanders news today: Doug Weight is leaning toward retirement while the team signed goalie Al Montoya to a one-year, one-way contract for the 2011-12 campaign.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:04 PM EST
CSN Washington reports that both Alex Ovechkin and Jason Arnott could be back for the Capitals tonight. This post has the details, along with what’s at stake for both the Caps and the Carolina Hurricanes.
Mar 29, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Matt Hendricks earned the overwhelming support of voters to win the March 21-27th Goal of the Week.
Mar 29, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
Though there won’t be an official fine or suspension, Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced that T.J. Oshie will sit two games for missing practice.
Mar 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
The late February earthquake in Japan will force the team to pull all hockey teams from the 2011 IIHF World Championship qualifying games.
Mar 29, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Todd Bertuzzi won’t face any additional discipline for his elbow on Ryan Johnson. Click “Read More” for some thoughts on the league’s decision.
Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Maybe they don’t have much of a choice, but it looks like it will be much cheaper to go to an Islanders game next season.
Mar 29, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
After more than 1,000 Nordiques fans crashed an Islanders game, Nordiques Nation plans on bringing about 2,000 to Newark for a Boston Bruins-New Jersey Devils game.
Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Joey MacDonald stopped Michael Frolik on a point blank shot to earn the March 28th Save of the Night.
Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EST
Teemu Selanne’s hat trick (at the not-so tender age of 40) powered the Ducks to a huge win and earned him the March 28th Goal of the Night.
Mar 29, 2011, 1:08 AM EST
Teemu Selanne scored a hat trick and two assists, factoring into all five of the Ducks’ goals as Anaheim jumped back into seventh place with a 5-4 win against the Avalanche.
Mar 29, 2011, 12:29 AM EST
Todd Bertuzzi’s elbow on Ryan Johnson forced him to get part of his ear re-attached, but Johnson is quick to point out the fact that it’s not a “Tyson-sized chunk.” Yup, hockey players are tough.
Mar 28, 2011, 11:51 PM EST
For the first time in three years, the Philadelphia Flyers will raise ticket prices in 2011-12. Read this post for the details, along with a look at their reasoning.
Mar 28, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Marian Hossa’s overtime power play game-winner earned the Blackhawks a crucial win against the Red Wings. Read this post for a recap of the game, along with an updated look at the race for the West’s final playoff spots.
Mar 28, 2011, 9:55 PM EST
Who made the best save for the week of March 21-27th? Your choices are: Brent Johnson, Carey Price, Sergei Bobrovsky, Craig Anderson, Devan Dubnyk or Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)