Apr 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EST
This post includes video highlights of the Red Wings’ 4-3 over the Coyotes and Nicklas Lidstrom’s post-game comments.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Johan Franzen said he feels fine after suffering another facial injury, even if he doesn’t look the part. Check out his comments in the video in this post.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 16, 2011, 3:17 PM EST
Despite some signs of life from the Coyotes, the Red Wings maintained their three-goal lead going into the third period, with the score being 4-1.
Apr 16, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk and the Red Wings power play dominated the first period, as Detroit generated a 3-0 lead on the floundering Coyotes.
Apr 16, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
Two home teams hope to take 2-0 series leads while two others hope to avoid 0-2 deficits in tonight’s four Game 2 contests.
Apr 16, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
The league will hold a disciplinary hearing with Ducks forward Bobby Ryan because of his skate stomp on Jonathon Blum. Could he face a suspension?
Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
The Bruins hold their breath today, as Zdeno Chara’s Game 2 status is in question after he went to the hospital because of dehydration on Friday.
Apr 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau’s job is safe in Washington … for now. If something goes wrong and the Capitals send him packing, every coach-less team has a reason to consider hiring him.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:45 AM EST
After the Predators cruised to a Game 1 win and shut down the Ducks offense, Anaheim’s stars came through to tie the series up at 1-1 with a 5-3 win.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:02 AM EST
The Canucks took a 2-0 lead, but a wild finish might give the defending champion Blackhawks some needed confidence as the series shifts back to Chicago.
Apr 15, 2011, 10:43 PM EST
The Capitals beat the Rangers at their own grinding game as Michal Neuvirth earned a 22-save shutout to give Washington a 2-0 series lead.
Apr 15, 2011, 10:05 PM EST
Tampa Bay’s veterans came through in a big way tonight, powering the Lightning to an electric 5-1 win against the Penguins. The series is now tied 1-1.
Apr 15, 2011, 9:20 PM EST
Chris Pronger won’t be able to play for Philadelphia until Game 3 of their series against Buffalo, at the earliest. Read this post for more on his murky situation.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
With Tomas Kopecky out with an upper-body injury, the Blackhawks turn to Fernando Pisani, who hasn’t been in a playoff game since his out-of-nowhere hot streak with the Oilers in 2006.
Apr 15, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
Vincent Damphousse responded to charges of domestic abuse, saying that he was the victim rather than the perpetrator.
Apr 15, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
Jason Arnott appreciates the fact that the Devils traded him to a contender and hopes to make the most of his time with the Capitals.
Apr 14, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
The NHL might deny rumors that the Coyotes are already on their way to Winnipeg, but the countdown to a final decision seems to be approaching.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Want the lowdown on Game 1 of Kings-Sharks? This video provides a preview of their first-ever playoff match.
Apr 14, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
Martin St. Louis lost two teeth and was forced to undergo a double root canal because of a high-stick that wasn’t even called. Yet he won’t miss Friday’s game … because he’s a hockey player.
Apr 14, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
Tonight’s teams won’t need introductions, as Game 1 between Habs-Bruins, Sabres-Flyers and Kings-Sharks kick off on Thursday. This post contains previews for all three games.
Apr 14, 2011, 10:55 AM EST
Flyers’ fans fears have been justified with the news this morning that Chris Pronger won’t play in tonight’s Game 1 against the Sabres.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:38 AM EST
Mike Fisher scored two goals and one assist while Pekka Rinne stopped all but one shot to power the Predators’ 4-1 over the Ducks.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:06 AM EST
Roberto Luongo also had a 32-save shutout tonight, as he blanked the Blackhawks in a 2-0 win for the Canucks.
Apr 13, 2011, 11:55 PM EST
David Perron still fights through concussion problems. His goal is to be back next season, but every indication hints that such a thing is still up in the air.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)