Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Here are Saturday’s three waiver claims: the Capitals add Marco Sturm, the Blue Jackets acquire Craig Rivet and the Flyers claimed Nick Boynton. We’ll cover who was placed on waivers in the next post.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:32 PM EST
Here are previews for tonight’s eight games.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for this afternoon’s two games.
Feb 26, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Pacific Division.
Feb 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano and goalie Miikka Kiprusoff saved the day for Calgary in the February 25th Save of the Night.
Feb 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Niklas Hagman didn’t waiver against the Sharks during his Goal of the Night effort on Friday night.
Feb 26, 2011, 3:54 AM EST
Who knows how they’ll deal with the salary cap repercussions this summer, but the Blackhawks are reportedly close to signing skilled and rugged defenseman Brent Seabrook to a five-year deal worth close to $30 million.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:19 AM EST
Here is a rundown of Friday’s three late games, including the Wild’s big overtime win over the Ducks.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
Feb 25, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
The Hurricanes improved their playoff chances with a win against the Penguins tonight, but might be in trouble in the long run considering Eric Staal’s second period injury.
Feb 25, 2011, 10:29 PM EST
Here are summaries of Friday’s early games, including another Rangers laugher against the Capitals, a big win for the Hurricanes and a tough night for the resurgent Devils.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:37 PM EST
The Ducks committed to the general manager who took over for Brian Burke, as the team handed Bob Murray a four-year extension.
Feb 25, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
Whatever trade value Kristian Huselius carried is probably gone now that the Blue Jackets placed him on the injured reserve.
Feb 25, 2011, 8:15 PM EST
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Northwest Division.
Feb 25, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Here are the starting goalies for tonight’s three late (9 pm and 10 pm ET) games, including a match between ridiculously tall goalies Devan Dubnyk and Ben Bishop.
Feb 25, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for the six games taking place at 7 or 7:30 pm ET this evening.
Feb 24, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
Here are the starting goalies for tonight’s six games.
Feb 24, 2011, 4:55 PM EST
Trades both recent and old color today’s two waiver wire moves, as the Panthers placed Steve Bernier on waivers while the Lightning called Mike Smith back up on re-entry waivers.
Feb 24, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
The Habs added depth to their D for the second time in the pre-deadline feeding frenzy, acquiring Brent Sopel for the Thrashers in an afternoon trade.
Feb 24, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
Here are previews for tonight’s six games, including big Western bubble bouts: Chicago vs. Nashville and Minnesota vs. Los Angeles.
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
The Penguins continue to suffer from tough injuries, as the team will reportedly play without hard-hitting defenseman Brooks Orpik for about four weeks.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Northeast Division.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
After eight years bouncing around other teams, Alex Kovalev is in Pittsburgh again after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Senators.
Feb 24, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
All kinds of rumors are flying about Brad Richards right now, but we try to make sense of it … without getting a concussion-like headache in the process.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 19
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 69
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (74)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)