Oct 22, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Joe Thornton disliked the Canucks enough to root for the Bruins during the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Oct 22, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Scott Gomez is expected to miss at least a week with what might be a shoulder injury. Meanwhile, Clarke MacArthur will return for the Maple Leafs.
Oct 22, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Days after mocking Wojtek Wolski’s work ethic, John Tortorella opted to make him a healthy scratch. The joke’s really on everyone, though – especially considering Wolski’s $3.8 million cap hit.
Oct 22, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
In an abstract and indirect way it helped open up money for the Bruins’ rebuild, but for the most part, the answer is “No.”
Oct 22, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov said he’s happy with the Flyers’ team results, but isn’t so pleased with his own work so far.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The thin get thinner in New Jersey as Jacob Josefson could miss up to four months after undergoing surgery on his broken clavicle.
Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Update: Evgeni Malkin will miss his fifth straight game tonight.
Oct 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Corey Perry scored with .1 second left in the second period against the Stars last night.
Oct 22, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
But who should get the most blame for their 0-6-1 start?
Oct 22, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
Here’s a blurb-by-blurb look at a stacked Saturday schedule of 14 games.
Oct 22, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
Nicklas Lidstrom is scheduled to become the 14th player in NHL history to cross the 1,500 regular season games played mark tonight.
Oct 22, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Jamie Benn isn’t exactly chopped liver, after all.
Oct 22, 2011, 2:09 AM EDT
How long can the Finnish netminder keep this up?
Oct 22, 2011, 1:20 AM EDT
Despite having a mustache that makes him seem like an old timey villain, George Parros doesn’t have a long history of bad hits. He might face a suspension for his hit on Krys Barch, though.
Oct 22, 2011, 12:30 AM EDT
Here’s a look at some of the forwards that Joe Thornton made rich in his first 1,000 NHL games.
Oct 21, 2011, 11:41 PM EDT
Sure it’s just October, but feel free to get excited about a measuring stick game between the Capitals and Red Wings.
Oct 21, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
If they can’t beat the Senators on Saturday, the answer could be “sometime in November.”
Oct 14, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Mark Messier will participate in the New York City Marathon for the challenge and benefit of two charities.
Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Rick DiPietro’s horrible run of injuries continues as he recently suffered a concussion. Reports indicate that there’s no timetable for his return.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Here’s hoping that Andy McDonald isn’t suffering from post-concussion syndrome for the second season in a row.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
No one wants to be the guy who re-injures Sidney Crosby in practice, but for the Penguins start to get ready, some teammate will need to knock him around a bit.
Oct 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
When you can’t stick with the Senators as a forward, things aren’t going great. Nikita Filatov has some soul searching to do after getting demoted. This post discusses that plus two demotions that are far less depressing.
Oct 13, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Tim Connolly admitted that he’ll probably miss more time than expected with what many believe is a shoulder injury.
Oct 13, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
Miikka Kiprusoff could pass Mike Vernon for the Flames’ team record for wins tonight.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
A few days after being teased with the possibility, the Penguins and their fans can celebrate a big step: Sidney Crosby participated in his first full contact practice since January today. This post includes a small update on Evgeni Malkin, too.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)