Oct 31, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
The Sharks came roaring into tonight’s game, as they won the first five games of their six-game road trip. The Rangers have a lot of positives to take from tonight’s win – including their first victory at Madison Square Garden.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray reveals that Daniel Alfredsson will miss at least a week with what looks like a concussion.
Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Could the NHL cut down on problem hits by removing the trapezoid? Check out that story and more in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Oct 29, 2011, 12:31 AM EDT
Word is that Tyler Seguin is more prone to hip injuries than most. Should Bruins fans freak out about yet another fragile center?
Oct 29, 2011, 12:02 AM EDT
Tonight’s Oilers-Avs game was supposed to be all about the two top picks of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft squaring off, but Devan Dubnyk was the real standout.
Oct 28, 2011, 11:32 PM EDT
The Coyotes added some scoring depth at center by trading for Cal O’Reilly, who seemed like the odd man out in Nashville. Some might look at this move as “Kyle Turris insurance,” too.
Oct 28, 2011, 10:41 PM EDT
The Red Wings’ defense should be a much bigger worry than the Sharks right now, though.
Oct 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Cardinals are obviously making the biggest news on Oct. 28, but the Blues made waves of their own, as Matthew Hulsizer has reportedly agreed to buy the team.
Oct 28, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
Only the Los Angeles Kings can demote a defenseman who just produced a three-point night, but that’s exactly what they did with Slava Voynov since Drew Doughty is expected to return Saturday.
Oct 27, 2011, 1:39 AM EDT
Short answer: No, but the budding star’s five-game slump is still a cause for concern.
Oct 27, 2011, 1:14 AM EDT
A 3-0 loss to the Blues echoes what logical folks have been whispering for some time: Roberto Luongo isn’t the only problem in Vancouver.
Oct 26, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
Pierre Gauthier said he doesn’t want to blame anyone … but apparently randomly firing people is OK.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo and Ilya Bryzgalov have a surprising amount of things in common, but it’s not all about their big contracts anymore.
Oct 26, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
Any facade of the Oilers relocating can be dropped now: Edmonton’s city council approved the new arena project by a vote of 10-3.
Oct 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Apparently playing in the NHL kept Mike Modano from posting some really weird photos on Twitter.
Oct 24, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
It wasn’t always pretty, but the Rangers survived their challenging season opening road trip. Now they get the chance to play six straight games at home starting Thursday.
Oct 24, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
Jacob Markstrom’s stellar play might just create a goalie controversy in Florida.
Oct 24, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Chris Pronger is OK after that scary incident and might even be back in less than two weeks.
Oct 24, 2011, 8:26 PM EDT
It took eight games, but Jaromir Jagr’s first Flyers goal was worth the wait.
Oct 24, 2011, 7:59 PM EDT
When Chris Pronger is the one screaming in pain, you know something bad just happened. (This post has been updated with video of the injury.)
Oct 23, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Should the Lightning pull the plug on 42-year-old goalie Dwayne Roloson already?
Oct 23, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
As Lightning color analyst Bobby Taylor put it — “I don’t think Swiss watches have that many moves.”
Oct 23, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Drew Doughty is eligible to return on Tuesday, but reports indicate that he probably won’t be ready to do so.
Oct 23, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
The Blackhawks honored their great forward duo of Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita by unveiling statues of the two icons on Saturday.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)