Nov 5, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
Unlike last season, the Blackhawks are off to a strong start.
Nov 5, 2011, 1:12 AM EDT
Yes, his team lost, but can you blame Matt Duchene for admitting that his four-point game (and first career hat trick) ended up being a lot of fun?
Nov 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Movember’s underway, which makes us wonder: who owns the best modern mustache in the NHL? Who’s the modern Lanny McDonald? Vote in the poll to let us know.
Nov 3, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
After earning his third consecutive win by stopping 39 shots, the hockey world might be forced to consider changing its stance on Mike Smith.
Nov 2, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t a great night for Martin Brodeur, but if you want hope that he still might “have it,” just watch this save in an endless loop.
Nov 2, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
All of a sudden, Joffrey Lupul might become known as a legitimate NHL scorer rather than “the guy who was traded for Chris Pronger twice.”
Nov 2, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Check out this recap of the Flyers’ narrow 3-2 win against the Sabres.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
Want a little more reasoning behind “Shana-bans” (and non-suspensions)? Hear them straight from the man himself, with some feedback from PHT.
Nov 2, 2011, 9:28 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is saying the right things about his “benching,” while his teammates are raving about Bruce Boudreau’s tougher way of doing things.
Nov 2, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Ryan Miller came into tonight’s game with a three-game losing streak and was pulled during the first period after allowing three Flyers goals.
Nov 2, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
Great news for college hockey fans and fans of the game in general: NBC Sports Network will carry 16 NCAA games starting on Dec. 31.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
After some time to cool off, Joe Thornton admits that he said some “boneheaded things” about the Rangers.
Nov 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Enjoy some of the best goals, saves, hits and fights from the last week of October.
Nov 1, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Generally speaking, it seems like great players chose terrible costumes and vice versa.
Nov 1, 2011, 12:17 AM EDT
The Blackhawks won against the Predators tonight, but a blocked shot leaves Duncan Keith day-to-day.
Oct 31, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
If Monday’s game is any indication, Panthers-Jets games will be a whole other kind of animal compared to the tepid Panthers-Thrashers “rivalry.”
Oct 31, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
See if you can detect signs of “softness” in this recap of the Rangers’ 5-2 win against the San Jose Sharks.
Oct 31, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Joe Thornton didn’t exactly hold back when asked about the team that ruined what would have been a perfect six-game road trip for the Sharks.
Oct 31, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
The Sharks came roaring into tonight’s game, as they won the first five games of their six-game road trip. The Rangers have a lot of positives to take from tonight’s win – including their first victory at Madison Square Garden.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
Senators GM Bryan Murray reveals that Daniel Alfredsson will miss at least a week with what looks like a concussion.
Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Could the NHL cut down on problem hits by removing the trapezoid? Check out that story and more in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Oct 29, 2011, 12:31 AM EDT
Word is that Tyler Seguin is more prone to hip injuries than most. Should Bruins fans freak out about yet another fragile center?
Oct 29, 2011, 12:02 AM EDT
Tonight’s Oilers-Avs game was supposed to be all about the two top picks of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft squaring off, but Devan Dubnyk was the real standout.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)