Nov 11, 2011, 12:19 AM EDT
Nov 10, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Maybe Brian Burke won’t need to work the phones for a decent backup, after all.
Nov 10, 2011, 11:37 PM EDT
It looks like Scott Howson might go out with a whimper.
Nov 10, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
The big Oilers goalie stood on his head in a battle of 2011 top picks Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Gabriel Landeskog but fell on his face during a match between Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall.
Nov 10, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
Reaching the 500-point mark probably won’t be the first thing Rick Nash talks about tonight.
Nov 10, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The 40th anniversary of the 1972 Summit Series is coming up. Hmm …
Nov 10, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
So what problems can the Winnipeg Jets solve when they play Columbus on Saturday?
Nov 10, 2011, 8:22 PM EDT
But he did leave the door option for change if certain strategies become “too prevalent.”
Nov 8, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Learn how he feels about a wide array of topics related to the team by watching this video.
Nov 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
In other words, could Terry Murray be the scapegoat for the slumping Kings?
Nov 7, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Eric Staal admits that he’s never hit his brother Marc harder than he did during that ill-fated game last season.
Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
Early reports indicate that Daniel Paille is dealing with a broken nose.
Nov 7, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
They’re finally looking more “big” than “bad” in the last three games.
Nov 7, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
It wasn’t the tide-turner that Matt Martin hoped it would be, but check out his fight with Adam McQuaid anyway.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Michael Grabner talks about moving on from a 2010-11 season that featured dramatic ups and downs.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Is Ken Hithcock ready to return to the NHL as the head coach of the St. Louis Blues?
Nov 7, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
George Parros’ face has been a magnet for pucks rather than fists lately, which caused him to undergo laser eye surgery.
Nov 6, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Josh Harding’s outstanding start to 2011-12 should put him on the radars of teams looking for a new top goalie.
Nov 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Surprising scorers, depressed Blue Jackets and another celebration for the Bruins are among the big topics in Sunday’s Morning Skate.
Nov 6, 2011, 12:59 AM EDT
Oilers fans should approach tonight’s loss the same way they should handle the hot start: with patience and logic. The game against the Coyotes provides reasons for both optimism and pessimism, as you’ll see from this post.
Nov 6, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
The Islanders couldn’t have picked a much better way to end their six-game losing streak than to win the way they did against the Capitals.
Nov 5, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
Maple Leafs have had good reason to feel less miserable about the Phil Kessel trade lately, but Tyler Seguin’s hat trick interrupted that reprieve.
Nov 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Technically speaking, Sean Avery played tonight, but it shouldn’t be shocking that he made a negligible impact in less than five minutes of ice time.
Nov 5, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
The Red Wings snapped their six-game losing streak, but if the Ducks can get over an embarrassing loss, they can turn things around in a big way. Find out why in this post.
Nov 5, 2011, 9:43 PM EDT
A crushing 8-1 loss indicates that the firings of Scott Howson and Scott Arniel are just a matter of time, but the bigger question might be: how should the franchise move on if that happens?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)