Apr 1, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
The Flames play a must-win, the Blackhawks have a huge game and the Coyotes could earn some precious point tonight. Here’s a look at three games that will affect the West’s playoff picture on Friday.
Apr 1, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
The NHL named James Reimer as the Rookie of the Month for March.
Apr 1, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Zach Parise is anxious for the “peace of mind” that will come with returning to action on Saturday against the Montreal Canadiens.
Apr 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Ryan Miller missed practice today, casting down regarding whether or not he will be able to play in two important weekend games for the Sabres.
Apr 1, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Three weeks after his scary injury, Max Pacioretty skated for 20 minutes today.
Apr 1, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
The NHL named its Three Stars for the month of March: Corey Perry, Daniel Sedin and Pekka Rinne.
Apr 1, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand’s golf-swing taunt backfired last night, as the Maple Leafs used it (plus some Bruins errors) to make a thunderous comeback. Marchand still needs to find the right balance in his pestering game.
Apr 1, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Chris Mason stopped all 43 shots he saw last night, with none of them being better than when he robbed Daniel Briere for the Save of the Night.
Apr 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
No, this isn’t an April Fool’s Day joke: Ben Eager earned the Goal of the Night award.
Apr 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov ponders his future with or without the Islanders. Click “Read More” for the lowdown.
Apr 1, 2011, 1:41 AM EDT
The rich got richer in the West, as the Canucks, Sharks and Predators succeeding in knocking down the Kings, Stars and Avalanche tonight. Read this post for recaps and an updated look on the West playoff picture.
Apr 1, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
Now that the Canucks have clinched the Presidents’ Trophy, the question is: will that award be a blessing or a curse for the best team in the NHL?
Apr 1, 2011, 12:08 AM EDT
Things weren’t looking great for Dennis Wideman to begin with, but the news got worse: he’s been hospitalized with hematoma in his injured leg. Click “read more” for some “gruesome” details.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:37 PM EDT
After a rehab setback, the Flyers’ hopes of letting Chris Pronger shake off some rust before the playoffs begin have been dashed. Reports indicate he won’t play again until the postseason begins.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
There was plenty of interesting activity in the East tonight. The Capitals moved within one point of the Flyers for the top seed, the Lightning clinched a playoff spot, the Islanders hurt the Rangers’ postseason chances and the Leafs kept their dreams alive.
Mar 31, 2011, 9:58 PM EDT
The Bruins and Blackhawks don’t meet often, but that didn’t stop them from continuing their war of words.
Mar 31, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
Many people (reasonably) thought that a broken vertebra would end Daymond Langkow’s career, but the Flames announced that he might play in Friday’s game against the Blues.
Mar 31, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
A Marian Gaborik boarding hit knocked Frans Nielsen out of tonight’s Rangers-Islanders game. Should Gaborik worry about supplemental discipline?
Mar 31, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for Thursday’s last three games.
Mar 31, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s first seven games.
Mar 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s final four games.
Mar 29, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s first seven games. Tuesday’s final four games will be covered later on.
Mar 29, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
PHT readers made Marc-Andre Fleury the March 21-27th Save of the Week winner.
Mar 29, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
A big late night game between the Stars and Coyotes highlights some tough tests in the West tonight.
Mar 29, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Tonight’s Eastern Conference games could affect just about every level of the playoff’s top eight, as top seeds jostle for position while the East’s bubble could burst. This post includes previews of the biggest contests.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 5
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 14
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 11
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 17
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)