Dec 13, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Matthew Barnaby still could face deportation, though.
Dec 13, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss what made Chris Chelios one of the best NHL players from the U.S.
Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
Is it the onus on the predator or the prey in regarding these toss-up hits?
Dec 13, 2011, 12:03 AM EDT
Thankfully no one uses the word “passive.” We wouldn’t want Mike Yeo to throw a fit, after all.
Dec 12, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Adam Henrique and Zach Parise produced just enough to outlast Steven Stamkos and the Lightning, even if the Devils were more dominant than the 5-4 score suggests.
Dec 12, 2011, 10:14 PM EDT
Perhaps Gary Bettman isn’t the most objective judge for these situations …
Dec 12, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
The fiery Kings GM isn’t shy about criticizing the players after firing the coach.
Dec 12, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Well, at least his hockey life is a big mess.
Dec 12, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Desjardins receives $2,500 fine for boarding Sami Lepisto.
Dec 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Terry Murray talks about the culture of hitting in the NHL, the Jets fly high and it’s never too early for Hart Trophy discussions in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
Ovi accidentally bumped into a linesman in an amusing situation, but his matchup with Phaneuf was all business.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Florida is tied for the top spot in the East, so they’ll survive tonight’s OT loss.
Dec 9, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Mike “Doc” Emrick becomes the first media member to be inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EDT
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
ITG is set to release a rather controversial card set, which even includes Wade Belak.
Dec 9, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Consider this your episode guide for the next edition of HBO’s 24/7 NHL production.
Dec 8, 2011, 12:42 AM EDT
The Hurricanes also broke their seven-game losing streak by beating the Oilers.
Dec 7, 2011, 11:18 PM EDT
A four-point game propels Claude Giroux to the top spot in NHL scoring with 36. Read more about the Flyers’ comeback win against the Sabres in this post.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:55 PM EDT
Watch the video and decide if Ovechkin should sit for his alleged act on Neil.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin even looked like the Ovi of old on his ninth goal of the season.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
Check out the sweet move Jagr makes to earn his ninth goal of the season (and 655th of his NHL career).
Dec 7, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
While the Kings’ injured players are showing positive signs, Richards is the exception as he still hasn’t started skating yet.
Dec 7, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
This probably won’t help Kevin Porter’s chances of avoiding a suspension, then.
Dec 7, 2011, 8:12 PM EDT
Bryzgalov + microphone often equals amusing statements.
Dec 6, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
The Red Wings and Capitals’ brass seem especially happy about the news.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)