Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Andrew Raycroft’s stop on Patrick Sharp earned him the best save of December 8th.
Dec 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Ville Leino’s spinning tally earned him the goal of the night for December 8th.
Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EST
Here are summaries of Wednesday’s five games.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EST
Marc Crawford thinks that the refs blew it tonight when they failed to call Rule 53.6, which rewards a team with an automatic penalty shot if someone on the opposing squad throws his stick.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers were a tenth of a second away from winning in overtime against the San Jose Sharks, who ended up besting the Broad Street Bullies in the shootout.
Dec 8, 2010, 10:23 PM EST
The Penguins extended their winning streak to 11 games while Sidney Crosby scored two goals, bringing his point scoring streak to 17 games.
Dec 8, 2010, 9:33 PM EST
The big-ticket free agents seem like they’re big-time busts so far this season, but some NHL teams ended up with some big steals with smaller contracts.
Dec 8, 2010, 8:46 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens made P.K. Subban a healthy scratch for three games in a row now. At some point, he’ll be back again … so who will be the odd man out on the Habs blueline?
Dec 8, 2010, 7:33 PM EST
Kari Lehtonen won’t play for the Dallas Stars tonight because of “tightness in his lower body” so Andrew Raycroft will start tonight. Should the Stars be worried?
Dec 8, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s five games.
Dec 7, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s five games.
Dec 7, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk’s splendid sequence of stickhandling made some San Jose Sharks players look stupid … but voting that goal the best of the week makes PHT readers look very wise.
Dec 7, 2010, 4:23 PM EST
Blues center Andy McDonald will be out indefinitely after suffering from a concussion during the team’s overtime loss to the Oilers on Saturday.
Dec 7, 2010, 3:45 PM EST
Tim Thomas made an amazing glove save, earning himself the Save of the Week award for November 29-December 5.
Dec 7, 2010, 3:19 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Patrick Kane is expected to miss “upwards of three weeks” while addressing the media today.
Dec 7, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Bill Guerin gets emotional when talking about his family during his retirement press conference.
Dec 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Here are some previews for tonight’s five games.
Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Jonas Gustavsson made the save of the night while helping the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Washington Capitals during the two team’s shootout.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
Team USA named its 29-man preliminary roster for the 2011 World Junior Championships today, which includes eight returning members from the team that won the gold medal in the 2010 WJC tournament.
Dec 7, 2010, 11:13 AM EST
Awful news for the hard-luck Blackhawks: Patrick Kane may reportedly miss “weeks, not days” with his scary-looking leg injury from Sunday.
Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Mikhail Grabovski’s shootout goal won the game for the Toronto Maple Leafs last night … and earned him the goal of the night.
Dec 7, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
An interesting trend is developing in the Eastern Conference: there seems to be four “classes” of teams. Meanwhile, the muddled West seems more like a communist society of hockey clubs.
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 29
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)