Jun 19, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The Lightning and Steven Stamkos are in an unusual contract situation. That being said, if they’re going to try to duplicate any other star’s deal, they should lean toward Sidney Crosby’s contract rather than Alex Ovechkin’s lengthy pact.
Jun 19, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning could deal with all kinds of headaches if Steven Stamkos becomes a restricted free agent on July 1. Click “Read More” for some nightmare scenarios.
Jun 18, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Zdeno Chara delivered on his goal when he came to Boston five years ago: to win a Stanley Cup.
Jun 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
The Lightning face some tough questions this off-season and Sean Bergenheim’s agent indicates that his situation won’t be easy, either.
Jun 18, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
It’s hard to imagine, but the Bruins might consider bringing back disappointing defenseman Tomas Kaberle. In some ways, it might even make a little bit of sense.
Jun 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With the 2011 playoffs over, we look back at our predictions (and your predictions) to see how well we did.
Jun 16, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Patrice Bergeron has come a long way since his career was seemingly derailed by concussions. Want proof? He faced the enviable question of deciding which was more thrilling: winning a gold medal or the Stanley Cup. Bergeron opted for the Cup.
Jun 16, 2011, 5:46 PM EST
Minnesota is expected to make Mike Yeo the third head coach in Wild history on Friday.
Jun 16, 2011, 4:18 PM EST
The Canucks are the strongest favorites to win the 2012 Stanley Cup, with 5/1 odds. Find out how the other teams fared in this post.
Jun 16, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
While the two sides have quite a way to go before they reach a possible deal, the Flyers met with Ilya Bryzgalov and his agent Rich Winter face to face for the first time today.
Jun 16, 2011, 3:18 PM EST
Here’s your requisite list of injuries – most of them confirmed, though not all – for the Vancouver Canucks now that the playoffs are over.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
While many reacted to the Vancouver riots with disgust, some citizens/fans decided to help clean up the mess. (This post also features an update regarding some of the fallout.)
Jun 16, 2011, 11:31 AM EST
The Washington Capitals announced that former goalie great Olie Kolzig will mentor new goalies as the team’s associate goalie coach.
Jun 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
While many Canucks fans will want to get rid of him, Roberto Luongo seems positive about the team’s chances of getting back to the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 16, 2011, 4:20 AM EST
Here are some of the most memorable (and unsettling) photos we’ve seen from the ugly Vancouver riot. Warning: these images might be disturbing. (Updated with the “rioters in love” photo.)
Jun 16, 2011, 3:13 AM EST
Despite widely being considered a solid team, the Bruins still surprised many by winning the 2011 Stanley Cup. Can they pull it off again next year? Check out this post for some thoughts and that provide your own opinion by voting in the poll.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EST
Check out Star and Net Cam footage from Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:59 AM EST
In a scene that was sadly reminiscent of how locals reacted to the Game 7 defeat of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks, riots broke out following the team’s 4-0 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EST
Shortly after winning his third Stanley Cup, Mark Recchi made his rumored retirement official tonight. He shouldn’t have many regrets after a prolific 22-year career, either.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 15, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Tim Thomas are emerging as Boston’s Game 7 heroes through two periods, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead.
Jun 15, 2011, 9:08 PM EST
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 57
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (76)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)