Dec 18, 2010, 11:10 PM EST
Here are summaries of most of tonight’s games, aside from the late Calgary-Minnesota contest. Highlights include an unlikely hat trick by Eric Boulton and a far more likely three goal performance by Eric Staal.
Dec 18, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
The bad news: Washington lost its eight game in a row. The even worse news: they’re not even the No. 1 team in the Southeast anymore, as Atlanta took the division lead.
Dec 18, 2010, 9:23 PM EST
Is it possible that the Steve Mason who took the NHL by storm during the 2008-09 season was just a mirage? The Columbus Blue Jackets sure hope not. Click “Read More” to find out if they should be worried.
Dec 18, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
The Coyotes sent Ilya Bryzgalov back to Phoenix as he’s dealing with an “upper body injury” along with flu symptoms. It begs the question: is he banged up because the Coyotes aren’t giving him enough rest?
Dec 18, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s remaining 10 games.
Dec 17, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Dec 17, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Reports indicate that the NHLPA will finally make it official that Donald Fehr will head their union.
Signing Steve Stamkos, Drew Doughty and other 2011 free agents will be a struggle with a new CBA looming
Dec 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
The 2011 free agency period might end up being a real summer of uncertainty, especially for restricted free agent stars like Steve Stamkos and Drew Doughty.
Dec 17, 2010, 4:06 PM EST
While the Washington Capitals and his former team the San Jose Sharks received plenty of votes, the greatest number of PHT readers think that Tampa Bay is the ideal location for Evgeni Nabokov.
Dec 17, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
There might be some mixed feelings during Friday’s Chris Chelios Heritage Night, as the Chicago Blackhawks honor a great defenseman who happened to spend a larger part of his career with the Detroit Red Wings.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Marc Crawford is proving a lot of people wrong as the Dallas Stars are exceeding the expectations of many observers this season.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
John Erskine signed a two-year extension with the Washington Capitals, reportedly worth $3 million overall and $1.5 million per season.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s four games.
Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
Cam Ward made Thursday’s best stop, earning him the save of the night.
Dec 17, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Linus Omark’s first “real” goal earned him the December 16 Goal of the Night award.
Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Check out a sneak preview of the Price is Right appearance by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:30 AM EST
Maybe the hip check isn’t a dying art form after all? Check out this great hit by P.K. Subban on Brad Marchand.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:07 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have enlisted former Vancouver Canucks forward Ryan Johnson to help them deal with some injuries.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:10 AM EST
Check out summaries of the last two games, as the Oilers dominated the Blue Jackets and the Flames humbled their former defenseman Dion Phaneuf and the Maple Leafs.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:38 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues got a rare bit of semi-good injury news today, as Erik Johnson’s knee injury is only a sprain.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
Once again, unexpected players dropped the gloves tonight, as Boston Bruins center David Krejci fought Montreal Canadiens sniper Michael Cammalleri on Thursday.
Dec 16, 2010, 11:15 PM EST
Let’s take a look at summaries of the first seven of tonight’s nine games.
Dec 16, 2010, 10:21 PM EST
Matt Greene couldn’t play in tonight’s Kings-Blues game after a hit by Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall left him “wobbly.”
Dec 16, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Brouce Boudreau is hearing it from his mother about his profanity-laced speech, much like Rex Ryan experienced with his mother during HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks.’
Dec 16, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
While 18 signed jerseys are still unaccounted for, the good news is that Pat Burns’ family received 12 of the autographed jerseys stolen during his funeral in late November.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (75)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (73)