Dec 22, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for tonight’s four games.
Dec 21, 2010, 10:52 PM EST
The balance of power in the Southeast shifted once again, as a Capitals win and Thrashers loss flip-flops the two teams for the division lead.
Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EST
Cam Ward ran away with the save of the week voting for the week of December 13-19th.
Dec 21, 2010, 9:07 PM EST
The Kings plan on easing him to the lineup with a “fourth line role” but the news is good all the same: Marco Sturm is expected to make his debut with L.A. tonight.
Dec 21, 2010, 8:40 PM EST
The success of Brad Richards (in specific) and the Dallas Stars (in general) isn’t getting much attention from the media – national or local.
Quick hits: Leafs’ outdoor practice, Czech-German WJC game postponed, Fowler becomes a human X-Mas tree
Dec 21, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
Here are a handful of smaller stories, from the Leafs’ outdoor practice to Team Germany’s lost baggage and Cam Fowler becoming a human Christmas tree.
Dec 21, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
For the second week in a row, Linus Omark earned the goal of the week award among PHT readers.
Dec 21, 2010, 7:20 PM EST
The Islanders placed Rick DiPietro and Mike Mottau on the injured reserve; Mottau’s season is over.
Dec 21, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau’s mother didn’t like it, but Gary Bettman calls the profanity-packed speech by the Capitals’ coach part of “the ultimate reality show.”
Dec 21, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Capitals forwards Alexander Semin and Matt Hendricks might miss tonight’s game against the Devils, as they are game-time decisions.
Dec 21, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Tough news for lady hockey fans who like to dream: Ryan Miller and actress Naureen DeWulf reportedly confirmed their engagement.
Dec 21, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
Check out the probable starting goalies for today’s seven games.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 21, 2010, 1:33 PM EST
If any player would damage his nose to the point that he needs to miss some time with reconstructive surgery, it would be Buffalo Sabres Tim Connolly.
NHL Network to provide exclusive coverage of U.S. National team, will also carry Dec. 23 Caps-Pens game
Dec 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
A pair of great announcements for people who subscribe to NHL Network today: the channel will carry Thursday’s Penguins-Capitals game and the U.S. NHL Network will provide exclusive coverage of team USA’s bid to win back-to-back gold medals in the 2011 WJC tournament.
Dec 21, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
Here are some snappy previews for today’s seven games.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
We’re stretching the limits of what can be considered a save, but you probably won’t complain (much) once you see Marek Zidlicky’s clever work.
Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
The Blues only scored one goal last night, but Alex Steen provided a real beauty. It ended up being the best of December 20th.
Dec 21, 2010, 1:19 AM EST
We’ve now “Seen Stamkos” score 100 goals in the NHL … before he could even legally buy a beer in the United States. Only five other players accomplished a similar feat in league history.
Dec 21, 2010, 12:45 AM EST
The Lightning claim that Mike Smith’s left knee injury is a minor one that will keep him out about two weeks.
Dec 21, 2010, 12:11 AM EST
Here are summaries of tonight’s seven games, including a 45-save shutout by Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller.
Dec 20, 2010, 10:20 PM EST
After wins by the Thrashers and Lightning tonight, the Southeast Division’s totem pole has been re-arranged once again. Find out how by clicking on “Read More.”
Dec 20, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
Sidney Crosby extended his career-high scoring streak to 21 games (21 goals and 21 assists for 42 points) while the Penguins ended a two-game losing streak by pounding the Coyotes 6-1.
Dec 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EST
The good news: Kyle Okposo practiced in full gear today. The bad news: Matthew Martin was suspended for two games. The worst news: the Islanders are still the Islanders.
Dec 20, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for tonight’s seven games.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)