Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
If Detroit Red Wings fans are looking for some good news heading into the new season, captain Henrik Zetterberg has some.
The 33-year-old Swede told Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that the back issue that hampered him most of last season is healed and he’s ready to go.
“That part of the back is healed,” Zetterberg said Thursday. “I feel good. I can do everything on the ice and in the weight room. I had a really good summer, workout-wise, so I look forward to seeing what results that will give me. It’s nice to come in and feel good and not think about (his back) and just go out and play hockey.”
When he played, he was outstanding putting up 48 points with 16 goals in that time. His back kept him out of most of the Red Wings’ playoffs against the Boston Bruins as he played in just two out of the five games.
Safe to say the Red Wings don’t need more injury problems this season after going through so many last season. Zetterberg’s aching back staying healthy will go a long way to helping them out.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)