Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
If Detroit Red Wings fans are looking for some good news heading into the new season, captain Henrik Zetterberg has some.
The 33-year-old Swede told Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that the back issue that hampered him most of last season is healed and he’s ready to go.
“That part of the back is healed,” Zetterberg said Thursday. “I feel good. I can do everything on the ice and in the weight room. I had a really good summer, workout-wise, so I look forward to seeing what results that will give me. It’s nice to come in and feel good and not think about (his back) and just go out and play hockey.”
When he played, he was outstanding putting up 48 points with 16 goals in that time. His back kept him out of most of the Red Wings’ playoffs against the Boston Bruins as he played in just two out of the five games.
Safe to say the Red Wings don’t need more injury problems this season after going through so many last season. Zetterberg’s aching back staying healthy will go a long way to helping them out.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)