Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
If Detroit Red Wings fans are looking for some good news heading into the new season, captain Henrik Zetterberg has some.
The 33-year-old Swede told Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that the back issue that hampered him most of last season is healed and he’s ready to go.
“That part of the back is healed,” Zetterberg said Thursday. “I feel good. I can do everything on the ice and in the weight room. I had a really good summer, workout-wise, so I look forward to seeing what results that will give me. It’s nice to come in and feel good and not think about (his back) and just go out and play hockey.”
When he played, he was outstanding putting up 48 points with 16 goals in that time. His back kept him out of most of the Red Wings’ playoffs against the Boston Bruins as he played in just two out of the five games.
Safe to say the Red Wings don’t need more injury problems this season after going through so many last season. Zetterberg’s aching back staying healthy will go a long way to helping them out.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)