Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
If Detroit Red Wings fans are looking for some good news heading into the new season, captain Henrik Zetterberg has some.
The 33-year-old Swede told Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that the back issue that hampered him most of last season is healed and he’s ready to go.
“That part of the back is healed,” Zetterberg said Thursday. “I feel good. I can do everything on the ice and in the weight room. I had a really good summer, workout-wise, so I look forward to seeing what results that will give me. It’s nice to come in and feel good and not think about (his back) and just go out and play hockey.”
When he played, he was outstanding putting up 48 points with 16 goals in that time. His back kept him out of most of the Red Wings’ playoffs against the Boston Bruins as he played in just two out of the five games.
Safe to say the Red Wings don’t need more injury problems this season after going through so many last season. Zetterberg’s aching back staying healthy will go a long way to helping them out.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)