Sep 5, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
If Detroit Red Wings fans are looking for some good news heading into the new season, captain Henrik Zetterberg has some.
The 33-year-old Swede told Ansar Khan of Mlive.com that the back issue that hampered him most of last season is healed and he’s ready to go.
“That part of the back is healed,” Zetterberg said Thursday. “I feel good. I can do everything on the ice and in the weight room. I had a really good summer, workout-wise, so I look forward to seeing what results that will give me. It’s nice to come in and feel good and not think about (his back) and just go out and play hockey.”
When he played, he was outstanding putting up 48 points with 16 goals in that time. His back kept him out of most of the Red Wings’ playoffs against the Boston Bruins as he played in just two out of the five games.
Safe to say the Red Wings don’t need more injury problems this season after going through so many last season. Zetterberg’s aching back staying healthy will go a long way to helping them out.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)