Sep 5, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
The Sedin twins are only pointing fingers at themselves for what happened last season in Vancouver, where their offensive production fell off a cliff and the Canucks missed the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
“It was our fault,” Daniel Sedin told The Province. “You can’t blame anyone else, but we have to get back to trying things, being unpredictable and trying things. We’ve got to get that cycling back and produce like the top guys do on every team.”
Others, like new president of hockey ops Trevor Linden, have pointed the finger at former coach John Tortorella, arguing the Sedins were miscast in 2013-14.
But regardless of who was to blame, the Sedins seem to have come to the conclusion that creativity and unpredictability are their strengths — not blocking shots or dumping and chasing — so that’s what they’ll be focusing on under new coach Willie Desjardins.
“It’s trusting your instincts and it’s making the extra play,” said Henrik, “where some of the fans and coaches maybe go crazy a little bit, but that’s why we’ve been producing.”
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)