Sep 5, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
The Sedin twins are only pointing fingers at themselves for what happened last season in Vancouver, where their offensive production fell off a cliff and the Canucks missed the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
“It was our fault,” Daniel Sedin told The Province. “You can’t blame anyone else, but we have to get back to trying things, being unpredictable and trying things. We’ve got to get that cycling back and produce like the top guys do on every team.”
Others, like new president of hockey ops Trevor Linden, have pointed the finger at former coach John Tortorella, arguing the Sedins were miscast in 2013-14.
But regardless of who was to blame, the Sedins seem to have come to the conclusion that creativity and unpredictability are their strengths — not blocking shots or dumping and chasing — so that’s what they’ll be focusing on under new coach Willie Desjardins.
“It’s trusting your instincts and it’s making the extra play,” said Henrik, “where some of the fans and coaches maybe go crazy a little bit, but that’s why we’ve been producing.”
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)