Sep 4, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis is itchy to start a new season with the Pittsburgh Penguins even if he can’t totally feel his right knee.
Dupuis saw last season cut short after he tore the ACL in his right knee. Now he’s back on the ice preparing for the new season and as Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette shared, there were some lingering effects from the operation.
“My skin, I don’t have any sensation anymore, on the front, because they cut all the nerves and everything,” Dupuis said Wednesday.
“When I have my equipment on, I’m fine because when I fall, I feel [the shin pad hitting the ice]. But if I don’t have anything on [the knee] and I go to kneel down, I have to think about where I’m at physically, because I don’t feel it when my knee goes down.”
Well that sounds horrible.
While Dupuis injured his knee just before Christmas in 2013, he had his ACL operated on in February. He hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but hopes to be ready to go soon.
Before he went out, he had seven goals and 20 points in 39 games for the Pens and was the glue on the first line at right wing next to Sidney Crosby. After his injury, a slew of players attempted to fill his skates and failed to keep up. His return to action could be a big lift for Sid and the Pens.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)