Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
To refresh your memory, Robidas signed a three-year, $9 million deal with the Leafs on July 1 after a nightmarish 2013-14 season that saw him fracture his leg twice, first with the Dallas Stars, then with the Anaheim Ducks.
The 37-year-old said today that he’s still not cleared for contact, but he’s been working out on the ice and expects to be cleared in time to play a few preseason games. The Leafs open their regular season on Oct. 8 versus Montreal.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 9
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15