Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens are giving former Carolina winger Drayson Bowman a chance to prove himself in training camp.
Per TVA Sports, the Habs will bring Bowman to camp on a PTO in two weeks time, on the heels of his first full NHL campaign — with Carolina last year, the 25-year-old posted career highs in games played (70) and assists (eight) while averaging 10:21 TOI per game.
Despite being a regular fixure in the ‘Canes lineup, Bowman wasn’t extended an offer this summer and went unsigned as an unrestricted free agent.
A former standout with WHL Spokane, Bowman — who can play center or left wing — will face stiff competition for a spot up front in Montreal.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)