Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are giving former Carolina winger Drayson Bowman a chance to prove himself in training camp.
Per TVA Sports, the Habs will bring Bowman to camp on a PTO in two weeks time, on the heels of his first full NHL campaign — with Carolina last year, the 25-year-old posted career highs in games played (70) and assists (eight) while averaging 10:21 TOI per game.
Despite being a regular fixure in the ‘Canes lineup, Bowman wasn’t extended an offer this summer and went unsigned as an unrestricted free agent.
A former standout with WHL Spokane, Bowman — who can play center or left wing — will face stiff competition for a spot up front in Montreal.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 5
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 14
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 11
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 17
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)