Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are giving former Carolina winger Drayson Bowman a chance to prove himself in training camp.
Per TVA Sports, the Habs will bring Bowman to camp on a PTO in two weeks time, on the heels of his first full NHL campaign — with Carolina last year, the 25-year-old posted career highs in games played (70) and assists (eight) while averaging 10:21 TOI per game.
Despite being a regular fixure in the ‘Canes lineup, Bowman wasn’t extended an offer this summer and went unsigned as an unrestricted free agent.
A former standout with WHL Spokane, Bowman — who can play center or left wing — will face stiff competition for a spot up front in Montreal.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 8
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)