Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens are giving former Carolina winger Drayson Bowman a chance to prove himself in training camp.
Per TVA Sports, the Habs will bring Bowman to camp on a PTO in two weeks time, on the heels of his first full NHL campaign — with Carolina last year, the 25-year-old posted career highs in games played (70) and assists (eight) while averaging 10:21 TOI per game.
Despite being a regular fixure in the ‘Canes lineup, Bowman wasn’t extended an offer this summer and went unsigned as an unrestricted free agent.
A former standout with WHL Spokane, Bowman — who can play center or left wing — will face stiff competition for a spot up front in Montreal.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)