Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are giving former Carolina winger Drayson Bowman a chance to prove himself in training camp.
Per TVA Sports, the Habs will bring Bowman to camp on a PTO in two weeks time, on the heels of his first full NHL campaign — with Carolina last year, the 25-year-old posted career highs in games played (70) and assists (eight) while averaging 10:21 TOI per game.
Despite being a regular fixure in the ‘Canes lineup, Bowman wasn’t extended an offer this summer and went unsigned as an unrestricted free agent.
A former standout with WHL Spokane, Bowman — who can play center or left wing — will face stiff competition for a spot up front in Montreal.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)