Sep 2, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
Three key contributors that missed all of Boston’s postseason are back in action.
Defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (torn ACL) and Adam McQuaid (ankle), along with veteran forward Chris Kelly (back), all took part in Tuesday’s informal practice at Ristuccia Arena — the team’s first on-ice session in preparation for training camp, which opens on Sept. 18.
The most intriguing story of the three is Seidenberg. The 33-year-old rearguard suffered his season-ending knee injury late last December but rehabbed furiously following surgery and, after Boston’s second-round elimination to Montreal, said he would’ve tried to play had the B’s advanced to the Eastern Conference final.
The German blueliner now says he’ll be ready for camp.
As for Kelly and McQuaid, they too are rallying back from surgeries. Kelly underwent a procedure to fix a herniated disc in his back, an issue that ended what was a injury-plagued 2013-14 campaign; prior to the back injury, Kelly missed 22 games with a fractured right fibula.
McQuaid, meanwhile, missed Boston’s last 34 regular season and all 12 playoff games with ankle problems. He underwent surgery to correct the issue in early May and was given a timetable of eight weeks for recovery.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)