Sep 2, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
On Tuesday, Czech Extraliga outfit KLH Chomutov announced it had agreed to terms with former Chicago Blackhawks minor-leaguer Brett Skinner.
Skinner, 31, spent last season with Chicago’s AHL affiliate in Rockford and appeared in 38 games, scoring 10 points.
Prior to his time with the ‘Hawks organization, Skinner — a former standout at the University of Denver — had spent time with the Vancouver, New York (Islanders) and Colorado organizations, making his NHL debut with the Isles during the 2008-09 campaign.
In 2012-13, he caught on with AHL Grand Rapids following a brief stint in the CHL, and proceeded to play a role for the Griffins during their Calder Cup championship run.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)