Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Robby Fabbri has inked a three-year, entry-level deal with the St. Louis Blues, per the team’s website.
Taken with the 21st overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Fabbri is on the small side at 5-foot-10, 165 pounds, but that hasn’t stopped him from playing an aggressive game. He’s perhaps best known for his speed and he’s used it to his advantage at the junior level.
The 18-year-old forward had 45 goals and 87 points in 58 games last season with the OHL Guelph Storm. He went on to become the league’s playoff MVP with 13 goals and 28 points in 16 contests.
The Storm were the 2014 OHL champions and made it to the Memorial Cup Final. Fabbri had two goals and six points in four games in the tournament.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 10
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)