Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Robby Fabbri has inked a three-year, entry-level deal with the St. Louis Blues, per the team’s website.
Taken with the 21st overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Fabbri is on the small side at 5-foot-10, 165 pounds, but that hasn’t stopped him from playing an aggressive game. He’s perhaps best known for his speed and he’s used it to his advantage at the junior level.
The 18-year-old forward had 45 goals and 87 points in 58 games last season with the OHL Guelph Storm. He went on to become the league’s playoff MVP with 13 goals and 28 points in 16 contests.
The Storm were the 2014 OHL champions and made it to the Memorial Cup Final. Fabbri had two goals and six points in four games in the tournament.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)