Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Robby Fabbri has inked a three-year, entry-level deal with the St. Louis Blues, per the team’s website.
Taken with the 21st overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Fabbri is on the small side at 5-foot-10, 165 pounds, but that hasn’t stopped him from playing an aggressive game. He’s perhaps best known for his speed and he’s used it to his advantage at the junior level.
The 18-year-old forward had 45 goals and 87 points in 58 games last season with the OHL Guelph Storm. He went on to become the league’s playoff MVP with 13 goals and 28 points in 16 contests.
The Storm were the 2014 OHL champions and made it to the Memorial Cup Final. Fabbri had two goals and six points in four games in the tournament.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)