Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Robby Fabbri has inked a three-year, entry-level deal with the St. Louis Blues, per the team’s website.
Taken with the 21st overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Fabbri is on the small side at 5-foot-10, 165 pounds, but that hasn’t stopped him from playing an aggressive game. He’s perhaps best known for his speed and he’s used it to his advantage at the junior level.
The 18-year-old forward had 45 goals and 87 points in 58 games last season with the OHL Guelph Storm. He went on to become the league’s playoff MVP with 13 goals and 28 points in 16 contests.
The Storm were the 2014 OHL champions and made it to the Memorial Cup Final. Fabbri had two goals and six points in four games in the tournament.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30