Aug 31, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
After spending a season with the KHL’s AK Bars Kazan, forward Tomas Vincour has decided to return to the Colorado Avalanche’s organization, according to the Czech league’s HC Kometa Brno’s official website.
Vincour, who is a native of the Czech city Brno, was taken in the fifth round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars and went on to play in 86 games with the club. However, Dallas traded him to Colorado in April 2013 in exchange for Cameron Gaunce. Vincour only played in two games with the Avalanche following the trade, but he had five goals and 11 points in six contests with the AHL Lake Erie Monsters.
The 23-year-old has seven goals and 16 points in his 88 career NHL contests. He had six goals and 11 points in 39 KHL contests in 2013-14.
If Vincour is indeed rejoining the Avalanche, then he will have a tough time making the team’s opening game roster given that they already have 13 forwards signed to one-way contracts, not including Nathan MacKinnon.
Oct 2, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Veteran d-man up for grabs.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Connor Carrick, Garrett Mitchell and Casey Wellman are on their way to Hershey.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Veteran d-man spent the last five years in Minnesota.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
“I don’t want to draw too many comparisons to last year, but with this system we’re going to be able to engage in the battle.”
Oct 2, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
“I don’t take for granted I’m going to be on this team.”
Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Ken Hitchcock says the “playoffs tell you everything.” So what does that say about the Blues?
Oct 2, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Seventh overall pick at ’14 draft is headed to WHL Red Deer.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
They’re betting on him lasting longer than Spezza.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
They didn’t want another top forward to slip away.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Toronto signed him to a three-year deal in July.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
A few tough breaks and the optimism is eroding a bit.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:26 AM EDT
That brings the Penguins’ roster down to 31 players.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
He may begin 2014-15 banged up.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
“The next few days will be the turning point,” GM Jim Rutherford said.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
The early word is that he’s OK, though.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s not as foolish as it sounds … maybe.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Worth a try.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
According to fellow Swede and Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
One last chance for a tune-up.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 7
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 16
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)