Aug 31, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
After spending a season with the KHL’s AK Bars Kazan, forward Tomas Vincour has decided to return to the Colorado Avalanche’s organization, according to the Czech league’s HC Kometa Brno’s official website.
Vincour, who is a native of the Czech city Brno, was taken in the fifth round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars and went on to play in 86 games with the club. However, Dallas traded him to Colorado in April 2013 in exchange for Cameron Gaunce. Vincour only played in two games with the Avalanche following the trade, but he had five goals and 11 points in six contests with the AHL Lake Erie Monsters.
The 23-year-old has seven goals and 16 points in his 88 career NHL contests. He had six goals and 11 points in 39 KHL contests in 2013-14.
If Vincour is indeed rejoining the Avalanche, then he will have a tough time making the team’s opening game roster given that they already have 13 forwards signed to one-way contracts, not including Nathan MacKinnon.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)