Aug 29, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
David Krejci registered 19 goals and 69 points in 80 games last season for the Boston, but its’ his 12 games without a goal during the playoffs, which is concerning.
Krejci registered four assists in the postseason as Boston fell to the Montreal Canadiens in the second round. It was the first time in his career he was held without a goal in the playoffs.
As he enters his eighth season in Boston, there’s a lot on Krejci’s shoulders.
The 28-year-old is entering the final season of a three-year $15.75 million contract and is a pending unrestricted free agent.
As Boston radio station WEEI points out in their Big Bad Blog, last time around Krejci didn’t sign until December 2011 well into the final year of his deal. According to the post, Krejci and the Bruins have begun “casual discussions” on a new deal for the Czech native.
Iginla played alongside Milan Lucic and Krejci helping him put together his second most productive season offensively.
Eriksson told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty earlier this month that, “It’s definitely two great players to play with. I played two games with (Krejci and Lucic) last season, and it was nice. We’ll see when the preseason starts, and if maybe we practice together a little bit. Then we’ll see how things work out. Krejci is a great player, and he can see the ice really well.”
As NHL.com points out, should Reilly Smith have a contract when the season starts, he could also see time with the Bruins veterans as coach Claude Julien looks to find the right chemistry amongst his forward group.
Given that he is in a contract year and could be auditioning for more than just the Bruins along with the fact he had a postseason to forget, Boston fans should expect big things from Krejci this season.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)