Aug 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Former Boston Bruins first round pick Zach Hamill has signed with HPK in Finland.
The report comes from hockey agent Darryl Wolski, the president of the 2112 Hockey Agency:
— Darryl Wolski (@darrylwolski) August 29, 2014
Hamill, the eighth overall selection at the 2007 NHL Draft, appeared in 20 games over three seasons registering four assists with Boston.
The 25-year-old also spent parts of five seasons with the Bruins’ AHL affiliate in Providence.
Last season the 5-foot-11, 180-pound center split time between the Utica Comets of the AHL and Barys Astana of the KHL.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)