Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Florida Panthers’ center Dave Bolland will have his jersey retired by the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.
According to The London Free Press, Bolland, who spent 254 regular season games with the Knights will have his No. 91 raised to the rafters of the Budweiser Gardens on Oct. 15.
“It does mean a lot, being up there with (Rick) Nash, (Corey) Perry, Darryl Sittler and all those guys who have come through this organization,” Bolland said. “I thank the Hunters for doing that and for putting me up there. It’s a big honour and it’ll be a fun night.
“I don’t know if I’ll shed a tear, but the way my speeches go, it might be a quick one.”
In addition to Nash, Perry and Sittler, London has retired the numbers of Rob Ramage (5), Dino Ciccarelli (8), Brendan Shanahan (19) and Brad Marsh (22).
In four seasons with the Knights, Bolland scored 135 goals and 299 points. He won the team’s most improved player award for his 37 goals and 67 points during the 2003-04 season in London.
The 2004 second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks helped the Knights capture the 2005 Memorial Cup.
Bolland joined the Panthers this summer after signing a new five-year, $27.5 million contract on July 1.
In 355 career NHL games with the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs the two-time Stanley Cup champion has 78 goals and 180 points.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9