Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Florida Panthers’ center Dave Bolland will have his jersey retired by the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.
According to The London Free Press, Bolland, who spent 254 regular season games with the Knights will have his No. 91 raised to the rafters of the Budweiser Gardens on Oct. 15.
“It does mean a lot, being up there with (Rick) Nash, (Corey) Perry, Darryl Sittler and all those guys who have come through this organization,” Bolland said. “I thank the Hunters for doing that and for putting me up there. It’s a big honour and it’ll be a fun night.
“I don’t know if I’ll shed a tear, but the way my speeches go, it might be a quick one.”
In addition to Nash, Perry and Sittler, London has retired the numbers of Rob Ramage (5), Dino Ciccarelli (8), Brendan Shanahan (19) and Brad Marsh (22).
In four seasons with the Knights, Bolland scored 135 goals and 299 points. He won the team’s most improved player award for his 37 goals and 67 points during the 2003-04 season in London.
The 2004 second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks helped the Knights capture the 2005 Memorial Cup.
Bolland joined the Panthers this summer after signing a new five-year, $27.5 million contract on July 1.
In 355 career NHL games with the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs the two-time Stanley Cup champion has 78 goals and 180 points.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)