Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Florida Panthers’ center Dave Bolland will have his jersey retired by the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.
According to The London Free Press, Bolland, who spent 254 regular season games with the Knights will have his No. 91 raised to the rafters of the Budweiser Gardens on Oct. 15.
“It does mean a lot, being up there with (Rick) Nash, (Corey) Perry, Darryl Sittler and all those guys who have come through this organization,” Bolland said. “I thank the Hunters for doing that and for putting me up there. It’s a big honour and it’ll be a fun night.
“I don’t know if I’ll shed a tear, but the way my speeches go, it might be a quick one.”
In addition to Nash, Perry and Sittler, London has retired the numbers of Rob Ramage (5), Dino Ciccarelli (8), Brendan Shanahan (19) and Brad Marsh (22).
In four seasons with the Knights, Bolland scored 135 goals and 299 points. He won the team’s most improved player award for his 37 goals and 67 points during the 2003-04 season in London.
The 2004 second-round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks helped the Knights capture the 2005 Memorial Cup.
Bolland joined the Panthers this summer after signing a new five-year, $27.5 million contract on July 1.
In 355 career NHL games with the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs the two-time Stanley Cup champion has 78 goals and 180 points.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)