Aug 28, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Kesler got into the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge this week.
Though it doesn’t have the production value of say Paul Bissonnette, it certainly is something.
Take a look:
After dropping his shorts to reveal his skin-tight bathing suit, Kesler proceeds to ride one of his kid’s toy cars out to the driveway where a pick up truck dumps the water on Kesler and a friend.
The former Canuck also nominates his three former coaches Marc Crawford, Alain Vigneault and John Tortorella. Noticeably absent from those he called out is his new coach Bruce Boudreau.
According to a release by the ALS Association, the organization has received $94.3 million in donations between July 29 and Aug. 27. By comparison, during the same time period in 2013 it received $2.7 million in donations.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)