Aug 28, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
Defenseman Tomas Kaberle could be attending New Jersey Devils camp on a tryout according to Tom Gulitti of The Record.
Kaberle, 36, has not played in the NHL since appearing in 10 games with the Montreal Canadiens during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season.
“He has talked to us about a tryout,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told Gulitti. “That has not been officially confirmed yet, but he has talked to us.”
Kaberle spent last season with Kladno of the Czech league where he scored 24 points in 48 games.
Originally an eighth-round pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1996, Kaberle has appeared in 984 games with the Leafs, Bruins, Hurricanes and Canadiens. He won a Stanley Cup in 2011 with Boston.
Kaberle’s invite is in addition to news former Devils first-round pick Scott Gomez will be attending New Jersey’s camp on a tryout.
Related: Tomas Kaberle aims for NHL return
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 21
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)