Aug 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Dan Patrick believes the NHL will be in Las Vegas by 2016.
Patrick’s comments are in addition to a story which appeared in the Vancouver Province on Tuesday.
Speaking on his radio show, the Football Night in America host says the Arizona Coyotes or Carolina Hurricanes could relocate. Patrick added that Vegas and Seattle could also be targets for expansion franchises should relocation not occur.
Patrick’s comments come despite the league saying Wednesday that there is nothing imminent on the expansion front.
So if there’s nothing new on the expansion front, perhaps Patrick is onto something in terms of relocation? Only time will tell.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 20
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 20
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 31
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)