Aug 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Dan Patrick believes the NHL will be in Las Vegas by 2016.
Patrick’s comments are in addition to a story which appeared in the Vancouver Province on Tuesday.
Speaking on his radio show, the Football Night in America host says the Arizona Coyotes or Carolina Hurricanes could relocate. Patrick added that Vegas and Seattle could also be targets for expansion franchises should relocation not occur.
Patrick’s comments come despite the league saying Wednesday that there is nothing imminent on the expansion front.
So if there’s nothing new on the expansion front, perhaps Patrick is onto something in terms of relocation? Only time will tell.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)