Aug 28, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Dan Patrick believes the NHL will be in Las Vegas by 2016.
Patrick’s comments are in addition to a story which appeared in the Vancouver Province on Tuesday.
Speaking on his radio show, the Football Night in America host says the Arizona Coyotes or Carolina Hurricanes could relocate. Patrick added that Vegas and Seattle could also be targets for expansion franchises should relocation not occur.
Patrick’s comments come despite the league saying Wednesday that there is nothing imminent on the expansion front.
So if there’s nothing new on the expansion front, perhaps Patrick is onto something in terms of relocation? Only time will tell.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 0
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 4
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)