Aug 27, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that defenseman Brandon Manning has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal. The financial terms were not released, but he will come with a $700,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
He was a restricted free agent this summer.
The 24-year-old blueliner had eight goals, 31 points, and 231 penalty minutes in 73 AHL games in 2013-14. He also spent six contests with the Flyers and recorded two assists. He now has 10 NHL games under his belt since he began his pro career in 2011-12.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)