Aug 27, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that defenseman Brandon Manning has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal. The financial terms were not released, but he will come with a $700,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
He was a restricted free agent this summer.
The 24-year-old blueliner had eight goals, 31 points, and 231 penalty minutes in 73 AHL games in 2013-14. He also spent six contests with the Flyers and recorded two assists. He now has 10 NHL games under his belt since he began his pro career in 2011-12.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)