Aug 27, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that defenseman Brandon Manning has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal. The financial terms were not released, but he will come with a $700,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
He was a restricted free agent this summer.
The 24-year-old blueliner had eight goals, 31 points, and 231 penalty minutes in 73 AHL games in 2013-14. He also spent six contests with the Flyers and recorded two assists. He now has 10 NHL games under his belt since he began his pro career in 2011-12.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)