Aug 27, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that defenseman Brandon Manning has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal. The financial terms were not released, but he will come with a $700,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
He was a restricted free agent this summer.
The 24-year-old blueliner had eight goals, 31 points, and 231 penalty minutes in 73 AHL games in 2013-14. He also spent six contests with the Flyers and recorded two assists. He now has 10 NHL games under his belt since he began his pro career in 2011-12.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)