Aug 27, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that defenseman Brandon Manning has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal. The financial terms were not released, but he will come with a $700,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
He was a restricted free agent this summer.
The 24-year-old blueliner had eight goals, 31 points, and 231 penalty minutes in 73 AHL games in 2013-14. He also spent six contests with the Flyers and recorded two assists. He now has 10 NHL games under his belt since he began his pro career in 2011-12.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)