Aug 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
There was some confusion last week as to the status of Steve Moore’s civil suit against Todd Bertuzzi — and now a bit of light has been shed on why.
Per TSN, it sounds as though the two sides have agreed on a settlement but remain in negotiations over the confidentiality agreement. More:
[Bertuzzi’s lawyer, Geoff] Adair told TSN that terms of a settlement have been reached and that [Moore’s lawyer, Tim] Danson is negotiating over terms of a confidentiality pact. But even if there are any objections, those would be settled by an arbitrator, Adair said.
Moore is free to discuss Bertuzzi’s assault, and its impact on him over the past decade, Adair said.
“The only thing he cannot disclose are terms of the settlement, “Adair said. “And he cannot disparage Todd.”
Last week, both Adair and the Canucks organization released statements claiming a settlement had been reached, ending a lengthy situation that’s been ongoing since Bertuzzi attacked Moore during a game in 2004. The reported settlement came into question, however, when Moore’s brother, Mark, told TSN there wasn’t a finalized deal in place.
Adair also told TSN that, technically, the civil trial is still on the docket for Ontario Superior Court for Sept. 8 — but once the confidentiality pact has been agreed upon, it will be cleared.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)