Aug 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
There was some confusion last week as to the status of Steve Moore’s civil suit against Todd Bertuzzi — and now a bit of light has been shed on why.
Per TSN, it sounds as though the two sides have agreed on a settlement but remain in negotiations over the confidentiality agreement. More:
[Bertuzzi’s lawyer, Geoff] Adair told TSN that terms of a settlement have been reached and that [Moore’s lawyer, Tim] Danson is negotiating over terms of a confidentiality pact. But even if there are any objections, those would be settled by an arbitrator, Adair said.
Moore is free to discuss Bertuzzi’s assault, and its impact on him over the past decade, Adair said.
“The only thing he cannot disclose are terms of the settlement, “Adair said. “And he cannot disparage Todd.”
Last week, both Adair and the Canucks organization released statements claiming a settlement had been reached, ending a lengthy situation that’s been ongoing since Bertuzzi attacked Moore during a game in 2004. The reported settlement came into question, however, when Moore’s brother, Mark, told TSN there wasn’t a finalized deal in place.
Adair also told TSN that, technically, the civil trial is still on the docket for Ontario Superior Court for Sept. 8 — but once the confidentiality pact has been agreed upon, it will be cleared.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)