Aug 23, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
After spending the 2013-14 season away from the game, defenseman Keith Seabrook is returning to hockey signing a one-year, two-way (AHL/ECHL) contract with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Friday.
He is the younger brother of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman, and two-time Stanley Cup champion, Brent Seabrook.
Keith Seabrook, 26, has not played since the fall of 2012 when he signed a contract with Val Pusteria of the Italian Serie A League. After scoring eight goals and 18 points in 18 games, he asked out of his contract and returned home in November 2012.
Once returning to North America, Seabrook spent time working on a business venture near his home in Vancouver.
Originally a second-round pick of the Washington Capitals (52nd overall in 2006), Seabrook has not played professionally in North American since the 2011-12 season where he split time between the AHL’s San Antonio Rampage and the ECHL’s Cincinnati Cyclones.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)