Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Speaking at the NHLPA rookie showcase in Toronto on Saturday, Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad says he’s still recovering from a concussion suffered over three weeks ago.
Toronto Sun sports writer Lance Hornby offered this update via Twitter:
Aaron Ekblad: Concussion symptoms “almost completely gone”. Fla.No. 1 pick has been working out OK all week after mishap at WJC summer camp.
— Lance Hornby (@sunhornby) August 23, 2014
Ekblad suffered the concussion during an exhibition game against the Czech Republic on Aug. 5 while at Team Canada’s development camp for the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships.
The Panthers’ first overall selection at the June NHL Draft is expected to be at the team’s camp next month.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“We are all thinking the same way and going the same direction.”
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Colgate standout inks deal, will report to team.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Well, that clears it up.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Was a Hobey Baker and Mike Richter Award finalist in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Click for the video explanation.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and until the continuing legal process is completed, we will have no further comment.”
Mar 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
He was the club’s third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
It’s been a while.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Triple Gold Club member won a World Championship and Olympic Gold in 2006, and a Stanley Cup in 2008.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The B’s are desperate for a win.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
“He was abusive to the staff at the casino, and when officers tried to take him into custody, he bit one of them on the finger.”
Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
He’ll report directly to the NHL club.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Shattenkirk was having a tremendous season before he got hurt.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
It got the ball rolling in Edmonton’s 4-3 win over Colorado.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 AM EDT
Not even two goals from Deryk Engelland could give Calgary the win.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 AM EDT
Chicago is third in the Central Division.
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 0
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 7
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 7
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Panthers’ playoff hopes take massive blow vs. Lightning 8
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)