Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Speaking at the NHLPA rookie showcase in Toronto on Saturday, Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad says he’s still recovering from a concussion suffered over three weeks ago.
Toronto Sun sports writer Lance Hornby offered this update via Twitter:
Aaron Ekblad: Concussion symptoms “almost completely gone”. Fla.No. 1 pick has been working out OK all week after mishap at WJC summer camp.
— Lance Hornby (@sunhornby) August 23, 2014
Ekblad suffered the concussion during an exhibition game against the Czech Republic on Aug. 5 while at Team Canada’s development camp for the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships.
The Panthers’ first overall selection at the June NHL Draft is expected to be at the team’s camp next month.
May 6, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
“It’s like a horse race — you can’t stand ten feet ahead of the finish line and determine who won a close race.”
May 6, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Had 89 points in 55 games.
May 6, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
Yet the Wild coach is now staring it in the face.
May 6, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Teams will meet tonight and again tomorrow in Tampa Bay.
May 6, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“I’m still in between and weighing the options.”
May 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Calgary’s Bob Hartley is considered the favorite.
May 6, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Recently won a KHL championship.
May 6, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Reports now suggest Toronto’s interested.
May 6, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
Deposition slated for no earlier than July.
May 6, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Fifth-round pick in 2011 spent all of this year in AHL Bridgeport.
May 6, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
The same club that finished first in the league standings this year.
May 6, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
They’ve certainly had more success in them in the 2015 playoffs.
May 6, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
The former Sharks coach seems to have interest in Edmonton.
May 6, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
Montreal hopes to avoid falling behind 3-0 in its series against Tampa Bay.
May 6, 2015, 8:04 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 6, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Anaheim still leads the series 2-1.
May 6, 2015, 1:32 AM EDT
Facing elimination and possible sweep, Minnesota is frustrated.
May 6, 2015, 12:56 AM EDT
Quite a finish in Calgary.
May 6, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Similar to what happened to Martin Gelinas in 2004.
May 5, 2015, 11:41 PM EDT
Calgary can’t build momentum.
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 2
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 9
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 14
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)