Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Speaking at the NHLPA rookie showcase in Toronto on Saturday, Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad says he’s still recovering from a concussion suffered over three weeks ago.
Toronto Sun sports writer Lance Hornby offered this update via Twitter:
Aaron Ekblad: Concussion symptoms “almost completely gone”. Fla.No. 1 pick has been working out OK all week after mishap at WJC summer camp.
— Lance Hornby (@sunhornby) August 23, 2014
Ekblad suffered the concussion during an exhibition game against the Czech Republic on Aug. 5 while at Team Canada’s development camp for the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships.
The Panthers’ first overall selection at the June NHL Draft is expected to be at the team’s camp next month.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)