Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Speaking at the NHLPA rookie showcase in Toronto on Saturday, Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad says he’s still recovering from a concussion suffered over three weeks ago.
Toronto Sun sports writer Lance Hornby offered this update via Twitter:
Aaron Ekblad: Concussion symptoms “almost completely gone”. Fla.No. 1 pick has been working out OK all week after mishap at WJC summer camp.
— Lance Hornby (@sunhornby) August 23, 2014
Ekblad suffered the concussion during an exhibition game against the Czech Republic on Aug. 5 while at Team Canada’s development camp for the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships.
The Panthers’ first overall selection at the June NHL Draft is expected to be at the team’s camp next month.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39