Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Speaking at the NHLPA rookie showcase in Toronto on Saturday, Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad says he’s still recovering from a concussion suffered over three weeks ago.
Toronto Sun sports writer Lance Hornby offered this update via Twitter:
Aaron Ekblad: Concussion symptoms “almost completely gone”. Fla.No. 1 pick has been working out OK all week after mishap at WJC summer camp.
— Lance Hornby (@sunhornby) August 23, 2014
Ekblad suffered the concussion during an exhibition game against the Czech Republic on Aug. 5 while at Team Canada’s development camp for the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships.
The Panthers’ first overall selection at the June NHL Draft is expected to be at the team’s camp next month.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22