Aug 23, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
The Calgary Flames announced Saturday that they’ve signed free agent forward Devin Setoguchi to a one-year contract.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the deal carries an annual average value of $750,000.
CGY signs Devin Setoguchi. One year. $750K AAV.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) August 23, 2014
Setoguchi, an Alberta native, spent the 2013-14 season with the Winnipeg Jets where he scored 11 goals and 27 points in 75 games.
In 459 career NHL games with the San Jose Sharks, Minnesota Wild and Winnipeg, the 27-year-old has 127 goals and 122 assists.
The 6-foot, 200-pound right winger was originally a first-round pick (8th overall) by the Sharks in 2005.
This is a low-risk deal for the Flames. If Setoguchi can re-gain his scoring touch, which saw him have three consecutive seasons of 20-plus goals with the Sharks, it’ll be a real bargain for Calgary. If not, he’s off the books after this season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)