Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist teamed up with pal, and tennis great, John McEnroe to show off his tennis skills at the Johnny Mac Tennis Project on Thursday night.
The charity event was held to raise money in an effort to make the sport of tennis accessible to New York City children, who otherwise could not afford to play.
Lundqvist and McEnroe teamed up against World No. 1 Novak Djokovic and actor Ed Norton.
McEnroe and Lundqvist defeated Norton and Djokovic 4-3, by a sudden-death point tiebreaker.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)