Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist teamed up with pal, and tennis great, John McEnroe to show off his tennis skills at the Johnny Mac Tennis Project on Thursday night.
The charity event was held to raise money in an effort to make the sport of tennis accessible to New York City children, who otherwise could not afford to play.
Lundqvist and McEnroe teamed up against World No. 1 Novak Djokovic and actor Ed Norton.
McEnroe and Lundqvist defeated Norton and Djokovic 4-3, by a sudden-death point tiebreaker.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)