Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist teamed up with pal, and tennis great, John McEnroe to show off his tennis skills at the Johnny Mac Tennis Project on Thursday night.
The charity event was held to raise money in an effort to make the sport of tennis accessible to New York City children, who otherwise could not afford to play.
Lundqvist and McEnroe teamed up against World No. 1 Novak Djokovic and actor Ed Norton.
McEnroe and Lundqvist defeated Norton and Djokovic 4-3, by a sudden-death point tiebreaker.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56