Aug 22, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
At this rate, it feels like the entire human population has taken part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, so it takes something special to really stand out.
Naturally, Roberto Luongo managed to do so, combining amazing “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” pajamas with a great list of hockey people to challenge:
In case you didn’t get the chance to run that video, Luongo challenged old buddies John Tortorella, Mike Keenan and NBC’s own Mike Milbury to dump ice-cold water on their heads.
Well done, although it’s a little disappointing that the following names didn’t get in that top three instead:
- Tim Thomas
- Mike Gillis
- Cory Schneider
Actually, Luongo could have topped that video by dumping ice water on a copy of his much-maligned contract.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)