Aug 20, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
Carolina Hurricanes GM Ron Francis could’ve been worried about a report saying Alexander Semin returned to the United States to rehab from offseason wrist surgery. Instead all may not be as bad as it appears.
Francis gave an update on what’s up with Semin to the Hurricanes’ website and made it clear that things aren’t very bad off with the Russian sniper.
“My understanding was that he was coming back to train,” Francis said. “He’s training, according to his agent, a couple times a day and doing therapy on the wrist as well. There were no issues with the wrist, as far as I was told.”
Francis added that based on the information he has on Semin, he’ll be 100 percent ready for the start of training camp. That will be a relief to Hurricanes fans who got a scare that he may not be ready for the start of camp.
Semin, 30, had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games. He’ll be entering the second year of his five-year, $35 million deal with Carolina this season.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Both players were scheduled to become restricted free agents after this season.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He was handed the key to the city on Thursday in Ottawa.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
He’s been out of the lineup since Feb. 13.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:36 AM EST
Minnesota, Calgary and L.A. all win on Thursday.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:34 AM EST
Philly comes back with three goals in the third period.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:02 AM EST
Arizona snaps 10-game losing streak.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:46 PM EST
Mar 5, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Brock Nelson scored the winner.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
“That. Just. Happened!”
Mar 5, 2015, 10:11 PM EST
“It’s humbling there’s no question.”
Mar 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EST
Once a 30-goal scorer in the NHL.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:40 PM EST
Curtis McKenzie drops the gloves.
Mar 5, 2015, 7:13 PM EST
“At the same time, Mike will maintain his focus on doing all he can to help Nashville win its first-ever Stanley Cup.”
Mar 5, 2015, 6:47 PM EST
Won’t suit up when the Caps take on Minnesota.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:24 PM EST
That’s former minor-league player Jordan Hart.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:27 PM EST
Big forward who doesn’t mind dropping the gloves.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:26 PM EST
He recently called them the “best group I’ve had since ’09.”
Mar 5, 2015, 3:35 PM EST
Might get into coaching.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Nashville’s won just two of its last eight.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23