Aug 20, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes GM Ron Francis could’ve been worried about a report saying Alexander Semin returned to the United States to rehab from offseason wrist surgery. Instead all may not be as bad as it appears.
Francis gave an update on what’s up with Semin to the Hurricanes’ website and made it clear that things aren’t very bad off with the Russian sniper.
“My understanding was that he was coming back to train,” Francis said. “He’s training, according to his agent, a couple times a day and doing therapy on the wrist as well. There were no issues with the wrist, as far as I was told.”
Francis added that based on the information he has on Semin, he’ll be 100 percent ready for the start of training camp. That will be a relief to Hurricanes fans who got a scare that he may not be ready for the start of camp.
Semin, 30, had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games. He’ll be entering the second year of his five-year, $35 million deal with Carolina this season.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)