Aug 20, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes GM Ron Francis could’ve been worried about a report saying Alexander Semin returned to the United States to rehab from offseason wrist surgery. Instead all may not be as bad as it appears.
Francis gave an update on what’s up with Semin to the Hurricanes’ website and made it clear that things aren’t very bad off with the Russian sniper.
“My understanding was that he was coming back to train,” Francis said. “He’s training, according to his agent, a couple times a day and doing therapy on the wrist as well. There were no issues with the wrist, as far as I was told.”
Francis added that based on the information he has on Semin, he’ll be 100 percent ready for the start of training camp. That will be a relief to Hurricanes fans who got a scare that he may not be ready for the start of camp.
Semin, 30, had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games. He’ll be entering the second year of his five-year, $35 million deal with Carolina this season.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)