Aug 19, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
Clarke MacArthur left a big impression on the Ottawa Senators in his first season with them and the team is rewarding him handsomely.
The Senators announced they’ve signed the 29-year-old forward to a five-year extension worth $23.25 million. That comes out to a cap hit of $4.65 million per year.
MacArthur joined the Senators last season after spending the three previous campaigns with the Toronto Maple Leafs and turned in a solid offensive year with 24 goals and 55 points. His goal total was second on the team behind Kyle Turris‘ 26. Points-wise he was fourth on the Sens, and now with Jason Spezza off to Dallas, they’ll need him to step his game up a bit to make up for the loss. At least they’ve still got Turris and that Erik Karlsson guy to spearhead the attack.
MacArthur settling into Ottawa will be something a bit new for him after blazing a trail from the Buffalo Sabres to the Atlanta Thrashers and ultimately the Maple Leafs before landing in Ottawa.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)