Aug 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have agreed to terms with RFA defenseman Mark Borowiecki, inking him to a three-year contract extension worth $3.3 million.
Borowiecki, 25, split last season between Ottawa and its AHL affiliate in Binghamton, appearing in 13 games for the big club. An Ottawa native, Borowiecki was originally a fifth-round pick of the Sens (139th overall, 2008) and has gradually worked his way into the mix on the blueline.
The former Clarkson University product is one of eight Sens blueliners on an NHL deal, and will be fighting for minutes in Ottawa next year — though it’s worth noting this extension comes with a year remaining on his current deal, meaning Borowiecki is under contract with the Sens through 2018.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 21
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)