Aug 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators have agreed to terms with RFA defenseman Mark Borowiecki, inking him to a three-year contract extension worth $3.3 million.
Borowiecki, 25, split last season between Ottawa and its AHL affiliate in Binghamton, appearing in 13 games for the big club. An Ottawa native, Borowiecki was originally a fifth-round pick of the Sens (139th overall, 2008) and has gradually worked his way into the mix on the blueline.
The former Clarkson University product is one of eight Sens blueliners on an NHL deal, and will be fighting for minutes in Ottawa next year — though it’s worth noting this extension comes with a year remaining on his current deal, meaning Borowiecki is under contract with the Sens through 2018.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)