Aug 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have agreed to terms with RFA defenseman Mark Borowiecki, inking him to a three-year contract extension worth $3.3 million.
Borowiecki, 25, split last season between Ottawa and its AHL affiliate in Binghamton, appearing in 13 games for the big club. An Ottawa native, Borowiecki was originally a fifth-round pick of the Sens (139th overall, 2008) and has gradually worked his way into the mix on the blueline.
The former Clarkson University product is one of eight Sens blueliners on an NHL deal, and will be fighting for minutes in Ottawa next year — though it’s worth noting this extension comes with a year remaining on his current deal, meaning Borowiecki is under contract with the Sens through 2018.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)