Aug 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have agreed to terms with RFA defenseman Mark Borowiecki, inking him to a three-year contract extension worth $3.3 million.
Borowiecki, 25, split last season between Ottawa and its AHL affiliate in Binghamton, appearing in 13 games for the big club. An Ottawa native, Borowiecki was originally a fifth-round pick of the Sens (139th overall, 2008) and has gradually worked his way into the mix on the blueline.
The former Clarkson University product is one of eight Sens blueliners on an NHL deal, and will be fighting for minutes in Ottawa next year — though it’s worth noting this extension comes with a year remaining on his current deal, meaning Borowiecki is under contract with the Sens through 2018.
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)