Aug 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
EA Sports is doing a nice job of allowing a slow trickle of information and videos to come out about NHL 15 – people might debate Sidney Crosby standing clearly alone atop the ratings mountain for a day or two, for instance – but more than a few people wonder if there will be significant advancements as the series debuts on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The video game company will release a demo to give fans a real taste of the action on Aug. 26, but for those who are dying to see the title in action (as in, not just gussied up videos that don’t show actual in-game events), there are now two clips that give a solid taste:
Note: It’s unclear which version of the game these videos were taken from.
The most obvious differences come in the pre-game video presentations that feature scenic shots and commentary from NBC’s Doc Emrick and Ed Olczyk. (It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a good variety of material before contests or if it repeats quickly, for one. Also, does Doc ratchet up the “Score” a few notches when the goals come at bigger moments? Lots of questions there, but it’s nice to hear new commentary after a long run with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement …)
The gameplay improvements seem like more of an evolutionary step than a giant leap, but that’s also without actually playing anything. Did those videos affect your interest in buying the game when it launches?
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5