Aug 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
EA Sports is doing a nice job of allowing a slow trickle of information and videos to come out about NHL 15 – people might debate Sidney Crosby standing clearly alone atop the ratings mountain for a day or two, for instance – but more than a few people wonder if there will be significant advancements as the series debuts on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The video game company will release a demo to give fans a real taste of the action on Aug. 26, but for those who are dying to see the title in action (as in, not just gussied up videos that don’t show actual in-game events), there are now two clips that give a solid taste:
Note: It’s unclear which version of the game these videos were taken from.
The most obvious differences come in the pre-game video presentations that feature scenic shots and commentary from NBC’s Doc Emrick and Ed Olczyk. (It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a good variety of material before contests or if it repeats quickly, for one. Also, does Doc ratchet up the “Score” a few notches when the goals come at bigger moments? Lots of questions there, but it’s nice to hear new commentary after a long run with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement …)
The gameplay improvements seem like more of an evolutionary step than a giant leap, but that’s also without actually playing anything. Did those videos affect your interest in buying the game when it launches?
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 12
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 15
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 35
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)