Aug 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
EA Sports is doing a nice job of allowing a slow trickle of information and videos to come out about NHL 15 – people might debate Sidney Crosby standing clearly alone atop the ratings mountain for a day or two, for instance – but more than a few people wonder if there will be significant advancements as the series debuts on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The video game company will release a demo to give fans a real taste of the action on Aug. 26, but for those who are dying to see the title in action (as in, not just gussied up videos that don’t show actual in-game events), there are now two clips that give a solid taste:
Note: It’s unclear which version of the game these videos were taken from.
The most obvious differences come in the pre-game video presentations that feature scenic shots and commentary from NBC’s Doc Emrick and Ed Olczyk. (It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a good variety of material before contests or if it repeats quickly, for one. Also, does Doc ratchet up the “Score” a few notches when the goals come at bigger moments? Lots of questions there, but it’s nice to hear new commentary after a long run with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement …)
The gameplay improvements seem like more of an evolutionary step than a giant leap, but that’s also without actually playing anything. Did those videos affect your interest in buying the game when it launches?
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (71)