Aug 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Harrington reports that this will just be an announcement regarding Buffalo hosting the 2015 combine, but there’s some scuttlebutt that the city may host the 2016 NHL Draft.
Nothing is official, but plenty of big figures will be on hand. VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and Sabres president Ted Black will be on hand tomorrow afternoon, according to the Buffalo News.
Here’s a summary of the speculation by way of the Buffalo News:
Internet chatter over the weekend had the Sabres as a potential host of the 2016 NHL Draft, and it’s widely known the team has bid for a multi-year run of the NHL Scouting Combine to be held at the new HarborCenter complex slated to open in October. It has been held for many years in suburban Toronto.
Either way, it’s not a bad time to make an announcement, as this feels a lot bigger than it would if … more was going on.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28