Aug 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Harrington reports that this will just be an announcement regarding Buffalo hosting the 2015 combine, but there’s some scuttlebutt that the city may host the 2016 NHL Draft.
Nothing is official, but plenty of big figures will be on hand. VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and Sabres president Ted Black will be on hand tomorrow afternoon, according to the Buffalo News.
Here’s a summary of the speculation by way of the Buffalo News:
Internet chatter over the weekend had the Sabres as a potential host of the 2016 NHL Draft, and it’s widely known the team has bid for a multi-year run of the NHL Scouting Combine to be held at the new HarborCenter complex slated to open in October. It has been held for many years in suburban Toronto.
Either way, it’s not a bad time to make an announcement, as this feels a lot bigger than it would if … more was going on.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)