Aug 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Harrington reports that this will just be an announcement regarding Buffalo hosting the 2015 combine, but there’s some scuttlebutt that the city may host the 2016 NHL Draft.
Nothing is official, but plenty of big figures will be on hand. VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and Sabres president Ted Black will be on hand tomorrow afternoon, according to the Buffalo News.
Here’s a summary of the speculation by way of the Buffalo News:
Internet chatter over the weekend had the Sabres as a potential host of the 2016 NHL Draft, and it’s widely known the team has bid for a multi-year run of the NHL Scouting Combine to be held at the new HarborCenter complex slated to open in October. It has been held for many years in suburban Toronto.
Either way, it’s not a bad time to make an announcement, as this feels a lot bigger than it would if … more was going on.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)