Aug 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Harrington reports that this will just be an announcement regarding Buffalo hosting the 2015 combine, but there’s some scuttlebutt that the city may host the 2016 NHL Draft.
Nothing is official, but plenty of big figures will be on hand. VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and Sabres president Ted Black will be on hand tomorrow afternoon, according to the Buffalo News.
Here’s a summary of the speculation by way of the Buffalo News:
Internet chatter over the weekend had the Sabres as a potential host of the 2016 NHL Draft, and it’s widely known the team has bid for a multi-year run of the NHL Scouting Combine to be held at the new HarborCenter complex slated to open in October. It has been held for many years in suburban Toronto.
Either way, it’s not a bad time to make an announcement, as this feels a lot bigger than it would if … more was going on.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50