Aug 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Harrington reports that this will just be an announcement regarding Buffalo hosting the 2015 combine, but there’s some scuttlebutt that the city may host the 2016 NHL Draft.
Nothing is official, but plenty of big figures will be on hand. VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and Sabres president Ted Black will be on hand tomorrow afternoon, according to the Buffalo News.
Here’s a summary of the speculation by way of the Buffalo News:
Internet chatter over the weekend had the Sabres as a potential host of the 2016 NHL Draft, and it’s widely known the team has bid for a multi-year run of the NHL Scouting Combine to be held at the new HarborCenter complex slated to open in October. It has been held for many years in suburban Toronto.
Either way, it’s not a bad time to make an announcement, as this feels a lot bigger than it would if … more was going on.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)