Aug 16, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The hockey world seems to spin out an almost endless array of ALS Ice Bucket Challenges this weekend (you can see Sidney Crosby‘s bit from about a week ago here, which definitely seems “tame” now), but Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter combined that promotion with his day with the Stanley Cup in very … well, Sutter fashion:
There have been some pretty inspired moments. Gary Bettman took the challenge and then passed it on to Brian Burke. Henrik Lundqvist pitched in along with what seems like countless others.
Still, the crown might just go to P.K. Subban, who decided to forego the bucket for a dump truck.
(Surely the Montreal Canadiens were thrilled to see their $9 million under a deluge of ice-cold water …)
In case you’re wondering, this charitable drive has already raised an impressive $10 million for the ALS Foundation, which seeks ways to treat “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”
If you’d like to watch other famous people get buckets of ice water dumped on them, this is a solid round-up. Takeaway: Bill Gates provides great competition for Subban (which is a sentence that’s strangely delightful to write).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)