Aug 16, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
The hockey world seems to spin out an almost endless array of ALS Ice Bucket Challenges this weekend (you can see Sidney Crosby‘s bit from about a week ago here, which definitely seems “tame” now), but Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter combined that promotion with his day with the Stanley Cup in very … well, Sutter fashion:
There have been some pretty inspired moments. Gary Bettman took the challenge and then passed it on to Brian Burke. Henrik Lundqvist pitched in along with what seems like countless others.
Still, the crown might just go to P.K. Subban, who decided to forego the bucket for a dump truck.
(Surely the Montreal Canadiens were thrilled to see their $9 million under a deluge of ice-cold water …)
In case you’re wondering, this charitable drive has already raised an impressive $10 million for the ALS Foundation, which seeks ways to treat “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”
If you’d like to watch other famous people get buckets of ice water dumped on them, this is a solid round-up. Takeaway: Bill Gates provides great competition for Subban (which is a sentence that’s strangely delightful to write).
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 29
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)