Aug 16, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The hockey world seems to spin out an almost endless array of ALS Ice Bucket Challenges this weekend (you can see Sidney Crosby‘s bit from about a week ago here, which definitely seems “tame” now), but Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter combined that promotion with his day with the Stanley Cup in very … well, Sutter fashion:
There have been some pretty inspired moments. Gary Bettman took the challenge and then passed it on to Brian Burke. Henrik Lundqvist pitched in along with what seems like countless others.
Still, the crown might just go to P.K. Subban, who decided to forego the bucket for a dump truck.
(Surely the Montreal Canadiens were thrilled to see their $9 million under a deluge of ice-cold water …)
In case you’re wondering, this charitable drive has already raised an impressive $10 million for the ALS Foundation, which seeks ways to treat “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”
If you’d like to watch other famous people get buckets of ice water dumped on them, this is a solid round-up. Takeaway: Bill Gates provides great competition for Subban (which is a sentence that’s strangely delightful to write).
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)