Aug 16, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The hockey world seems to spin out an almost endless array of ALS Ice Bucket Challenges this weekend (you can see Sidney Crosby‘s bit from about a week ago here, which definitely seems “tame” now), but Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter combined that promotion with his day with the Stanley Cup in very … well, Sutter fashion:
There have been some pretty inspired moments. Gary Bettman took the challenge and then passed it on to Brian Burke. Henrik Lundqvist pitched in along with what seems like countless others.
Still, the crown might just go to P.K. Subban, who decided to forego the bucket for a dump truck.
(Surely the Montreal Canadiens were thrilled to see their $9 million under a deluge of ice-cold water …)
In case you’re wondering, this charitable drive has already raised an impressive $10 million for the ALS Foundation, which seeks ways to treat “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”
If you’d like to watch other famous people get buckets of ice water dumped on them, this is a solid round-up. Takeaway: Bill Gates provides great competition for Subban (which is a sentence that’s strangely delightful to write).
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)