Aug 16, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
According to a report out of Russia, forward Alexander Burmistrov is eyeing a return to the NHL following the 2014-15 season.
Burmistrov, who is Winnipeg Jets property, told Russian hockey reporter Igor Eronko of his career plans on Friday:
— Igor Eronko (@IgorEronko) August 15, 2014
SB Nation has more on the report, which claims Burmistrov has already had “positive” discussions with current Jets’ coach Paul Maurice.
Burmistrov, 22, appeared to have issues with then Jets coach, Claude Noel, prior to his decision to leave for the KHL following the 2012-13 season.
The native of Kazan, Russia had 10 goals and 37 points with Ak-Bars of the KHL in 2013-14.
In 194 career NHL games with the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets organization, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound center had 23 goals and 58 points.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)