Aug 15, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have reportedly come to terms with RFA forward Jakob Silfverberg.
Per CapGeek, the two sides have agreed on a one-year pact worth $850,500, a figure that was also reported by Swedish news outlet Expressen. If you’re thinking that’s an awfully nice deal for the Ducks… well, let’s just say you’re not alone.
Silfverberg, 23, had a pretty productive first year in Anaheim after coming over from Ottawa in the Bobby Ryan trade, scoring 10 goals and 23 points in 52 games — this despite missing significant time with a broken right hand. The Swedish speedster then scored twice in 13 playoff appearances, averaging nearly 15 minutes a night.
(Silfverberg also played in all six games for Sweden at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, helping his country capture a silver medal.)
The 39th overall pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Silfverberg finished 15th in Calder voting two years ago, scoring 10 goals and 19 points in 48 games for the Sens. All told he has 42 points in 100 big-league contests, so it’s interesting to see him settle for less than what he made on his entry-level deal (with signing bonuses, Silfverberg averaged $900K annually.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)