Aug 15, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have reportedly come to terms with RFA forward Jakob Silfverberg.
Per CapGeek, the two sides have agreed on a one-year pact worth $850,500, a figure that was also reported by Swedish news outlet Expressen. If you’re thinking that’s an awfully nice deal for the Ducks… well, let’s just say you’re not alone.
Silfverberg, 23, had a pretty productive first year in Anaheim after coming over from Ottawa in the Bobby Ryan trade, scoring 10 goals and 23 points in 52 games — this despite missing significant time with a broken right hand. The Swedish speedster then scored twice in 13 playoff appearances, averaging nearly 15 minutes a night.
(Silfverberg also played in all six games for Sweden at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, helping his country capture a silver medal.)
The 39th overall pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Silfverberg finished 15th in Calder voting two years ago, scoring 10 goals and 19 points in 48 games for the Sens. All told he has 42 points in 100 big-league contests, so it’s interesting to see him settle for less than what he made on his entry-level deal (with signing bonuses, Silfverberg averaged $900K annually.)
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 3
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 35
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)