Aug 15, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
You never know when it comes to rehabbing from injuries – especially ones in which surgery was discussed – but Sidney Crosby said he’s happy about how his wrist has healed up. In fact, he expects to be ready for training camp, as he told the AP on Friday.
Much was made about Crosby’s struggles with scoring goals in the 2014 postseason, and with it being unclear how exactly he injured his right wrist, one might wonder if he was hurt for some time. He still ran away with the Hart Trophy voting and easily mopped up another scoring title while managing nine points in 13 postseason games (slow for him, great for most players), so the Pittsburgh Penguins likely aren’t too worried about their captain after a summer full of change.
“We’re going to have some new faces in the dressing room trying to get that momentum and get a fresh start,” Crosby said. “We’re not happy with the way things ended last year.”
This all sounds like the kind of news that fans like to hear in mid-August, yet it’s also the sort of update that can look silly in hindsight if he suffers a setback or two. At least he didn’t say he’s in “the best shape of his life,” though.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)