Aug 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Earlier, we passed along word of Kyle Beach signing in Austria and now, there’s a report of another 2008 first-rounder heading overseas.
Mattias Tedenby, the Swedish forward taken 24th overall by New Jersey in ’08, has inked with former club HV71, the team announced on Thursday.
Tedenby, 24, leaves North America following a steady decline from his rookie campaign. He debuted with the Devils as a 20-year-old in 2010-11, posting eight goals and 22 points in 58 games to lead all New Jersey rookies in scoring. From there, though, things went south — he was shuffled back and forth between the Devils and AHL Albany, and never played more than 43 NHL games in a single season.
In January, the Devils placed Tedenby on waivers, where he went unclaimed.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5