Aug 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Earlier, we passed along word of Kyle Beach signing in Austria and now, there’s a report of another 2008 first-rounder heading overseas.
Mattias Tedenby, the Swedish forward taken 24th overall by New Jersey in ’08, has inked with former club HV71, the team announced on Thursday.
Tedenby, 24, leaves North America following a steady decline from his rookie campaign. He debuted with the Devils as a 20-year-old in 2010-11, posting eight goals and 22 points in 58 games to lead all New Jersey rookies in scoring. From there, though, things went south — he was shuffled back and forth between the Devils and AHL Albany, and never played more than 43 NHL games in a single season.
In January, the Devils placed Tedenby on waivers, where he went unclaimed.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)