Aug 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Earlier, we passed along word of Kyle Beach signing in Austria and now, there’s a report of another 2008 first-rounder heading overseas.
Mattias Tedenby, the Swedish forward taken 24th overall by New Jersey in ’08, has inked with former club HV71, the team announced on Thursday.
Tedenby, 24, leaves North America following a steady decline from his rookie campaign. He debuted with the Devils as a 20-year-old in 2010-11, posting eight goals and 22 points in 58 games to lead all New Jersey rookies in scoring. From there, though, things went south — he was shuffled back and forth between the Devils and AHL Albany, and never played more than 43 NHL games in a single season.
In January, the Devils placed Tedenby on waivers, where he went unclaimed.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)