Aug 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Earlier, we passed along word of Kyle Beach signing in Austria and now, there’s a report of another 2008 first-rounder heading overseas.
Mattias Tedenby, the Swedish forward taken 24th overall by New Jersey in ’08, has inked with former club HV71, the team announced on Thursday.
Tedenby, 24, leaves North America following a steady decline from his rookie campaign. He debuted with the Devils as a 20-year-old in 2010-11, posting eight goals and 22 points in 58 games to lead all New Jersey rookies in scoring. From there, though, things went south — he was shuffled back and forth between the Devils and AHL Albany, and never played more than 43 NHL games in a single season.
In January, the Devils placed Tedenby on waivers, where he went unclaimed.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 56
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)