Aug 14, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Versatile Nashville center Mike Fisher likely won’t return from his torn Achilles tendon until late November, GM David Poile said on Wednesday.
“He’s working out on a regular basis here,” Poile explained, per The Tennessean. “Everything is tracking to date, but the bottom line is still a four- to six-month injury. Optimistically, Thanksgiving and end of November. That’s an optimistic target.”
Fisher tore his Achilles in early July and underwent corrective surgery on July 3. The 34-year-old has served as the Preds’ alternate captain since 2011 and had a solid campaign last season, scoring 20 goals and 49 points in 75 games. Fisher also averaged 19:45 TOI — the second-highest total of his career — while finishing second on the team in faceoffs, with 1146.
At the time of his injury, Nashville looked to be decimated at center as it was left with just Olli Jokinen, Matt Cullen, Paul Gaustad and Colin Wilson. The Preds have since added veterans Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy, though, and now have fairly decent depth at the position.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)