Aug 13, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Two weeks ago, Danny DeKeyser was confident he’d get a deal done with the Red Wings.
This week, he continued to insist there are no worries about signing on the line that is dotted.
“I’m not really worried,” DeKeyser said, per the Detroit Free Press. “We’re just kind of going back and forth, and we’ll see what happens. It’d be nice to figure out something long term.”
General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press he has spoken with DeKeyser’s camp earlier this week, and will touch base again within days. Holland faxed two proposals to DeKeyser’s agent in June, after which neither side was in touch for about a month.
Now there’s only about a month before training camp begins – and so there’s a little more urgency on reaching an agreement.
DeKeyser, 24, blossomed in his second professional season last year — despite missing significant time with a separated shoulder, he racked up 23 points in 65 games while averaging 21:38 TOI. He represents the future of the Red Wings’ blueline and, as such, will be an interesting one to watch as camp gets closer and closer.
That said, don’t expect there to be much drama. DeKeyser wants to be in Detroit.
“There won’t be any problems,” DeKeyser said back in late July, per MLive.com. “It’ll be done before camp. So, no one needs to worry about that.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)