Aug 13, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Two weeks ago, Danny DeKeyser was confident he’d get a deal done with the Red Wings.
This week, he continued to insist there are no worries about signing on the line that is dotted.
“I’m not really worried,” DeKeyser said, per the Detroit Free Press. “We’re just kind of going back and forth, and we’ll see what happens. It’d be nice to figure out something long term.”
General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press he has spoken with DeKeyser’s camp earlier this week, and will touch base again within days. Holland faxed two proposals to DeKeyser’s agent in June, after which neither side was in touch for about a month.
Now there’s only about a month before training camp begins – and so there’s a little more urgency on reaching an agreement.
DeKeyser, 24, blossomed in his second professional season last year — despite missing significant time with a separated shoulder, he racked up 23 points in 65 games while averaging 21:38 TOI. He represents the future of the Red Wings’ blueline and, as such, will be an interesting one to watch as camp gets closer and closer.
That said, don’t expect there to be much drama. DeKeyser wants to be in Detroit.
“There won’t be any problems,” DeKeyser said back in late July, per MLive.com. “It’ll be done before camp. So, no one needs to worry about that.”
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)