Aug 12, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Well… he’s done it again. This time with the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:
Bissonnette, who is currently an unrestricted free agent after spending five seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes, calls out Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James, Green Bay Packers quarterback, Aaron Rodgers and Super Bowl champion, Russell Wilson in the video.
Rodgers was quick to offer his critique:
— Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) August 12, 2014
Perhaps if he can’t land another NHL contract, a movie career is the next logical step for Bissonnette.
Bissonnette is just the latest NHLer to take the challenge, earlier this month Penguins captain, Sidney Crosby joined in.
Pete Frates is credited with starting the ALS Ice Bucket challenge. Frates was diagnosed with the progressive neurological disease, which slowly affects those suffering from the illness of the use of their muscles, in March 2012. Since then Frates has organized several charity baseball games to raise money for ALS awareness, but its’ his latest creation the Ice Bucket Challenge, which has really taken off.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 10
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)